“Brilliant restaurant ”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Croatian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

This is a fantastic, and yet completely unpretentious restaurant in beautiful surroundings. We shared the shrimp filled gnocchi for a starter, which was kindly divided up for us, topped with langoustine and mussels and tasted absolutely amazing. We had for main course Monkfish and Scampi and these were brilliant as well. The service was faultless and we would highly recommend this place over its competitors.

1  Thank Luke K

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Had an absolutely phenomenal dinner at Korta. Was a bit skeptical when I saw the prices and the understated menu (it is no frills and hardly describes the taste explosion that happens when you actually get your meal) but it was late and we decided to stay and were definitely not disappointed.

The restaurant is very well hidden in a corner side street in Diocletian's Palace and people generally seem to mingle at the window of the kitchen watching the chefs do their thing and recounting the day's activities with one another.

The food absolutely blew my mind. I have ever so eagerly finished a plate of food in my life (at least not so afraid on this trip to Croatia, and I'm four days in). Monkfish in white wine sauce. So. Good.

Don't ask questions. Just go.

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Outstanding food quality, service, location and relaxed athmosphere. We had pasta, steak and Monkfish. Highly recommended :-))

1  Thank Carsten S
Reviewed March 27, 2014

this restaurant is not big, and somewhat out of the beaten path, but certainly worth looking for it, as we found out. their seafood is fresh, and prepared in a way you won't find in most seafront restaurants. the lady's of the house are perfect hosts, and (verry important) toilets are extremely clean. we had squid, with beetroot and gnocchi, with a nice bottle of white malvazija.
I can only recommend this place and i'm sure that if ever we return to split, we come back here!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I visited Konoba Korta whilst on holiday in Croatia last summer. Between my husband and I, we had very tasty squid, mussels and prawns, accompanied by chips. The food was delicious and reasonably priced, the service was quick and friendly and the location convenient and romantic, as well as hidden away from the numerous tourists that pass through Split every day. I would highly recommend eating at this restaurant.

1  Thank Nev I