“Better than Italy”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, International, Croatian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

The pizza here was great. My boyfriend even claimed it to be the best on our trip; and we spent one week in italy before coming to croatia. Nice waiter too. Only a few seats available near the street though. They accept payments by card.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Went there by chance when the konoba across the alley couldn't accommodate us without a booking. Excellent off-the-beaten-path place (meaning away from the Riva crowds and phoney looking eateries there). Excellent risotto, pizza, grilled tuna and service. Friendly and efficient. A great place to eat in Split at a reasonable price.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I must start out by saying I haven't had a bad tasting meal in Split since arriving and most restaurants serve the same menu items (fish, meat pasta) so how do you differentiate one restaurant from another?? Service! Ante (Antonio) Kambur the waiter made our experience. Try anything and you will enjoy. We ordered a few meals and shared everything and it was all good. You cannot go wrong! Try the pizza picante, the pizza calzone, lasagne or the fried calamri. It was all excellent and the prices were better than all other restaurants we have been to since arriving in Split. I can see why this restaurant is in the top 10 in Split after being opened only three months! If you are sick of paying for good but over priced meals and poor service then check this place out. I will say one thing, the service was not faster than any other restaurant, that is part of the culture, just sit back, relax and enjoy!

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Before I had made my decision if I wanted pizza or the sirloin steak I was given red wine. Given, not served and after I had poured my own glass I had to ask again for water to go with it. Shouldn't the waitor suggest a wine suitable to the food after I have ordered?
The meat was boring and average at best, the french fries was nothing special. Maybe I should have ordered a pizza. It's a pizza place after all. The price of 100 kunas for that meal was preposterous. The toilet was very fresh and clean however. I can recommend a trip to the loo without a doubt.

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

The pizza was excellent value! We had the four cheese pizza. Delicious! The owner was very nice and pleasant. We also ordered bruschetta which came with cheese. If only the locals didn't stop by to smoke at the front. Yuck

1  Thank Sgnc