“Lovely, delicious and homey”
Review of Villa Spiza

Villa Spiza
Ranked #8 of 405 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: No Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

I went here last summer and was blown away by this tiny little place which cooks delicious food that stimulates all your senses. This year I went back and I was not disappointed. Yum!!!!

It's not pretentious, it's not 3 star interior BUT it's tasty, you taste the love that was put into making it, and it feels like you are being welcomed into a kitchen were it's all about the food.

You should go and wait if necessary. The menu changes all the time which is always a good indicator for fresh and good food ... But there is something for anyone ...

I'm definitely returning within the next weeks

2  Thank Ninna L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Food was ok, maybe a bit too salty.
The atmosphere was mmm diverse.
I was surrounded by (excessively) happy local people that prevented me to have a conversation with my lady because they really wanted to share their stories with us. Annoying. The service was pretty slow too.

4  Thank JackPasco
Reviewed August 3, 2014

My fiancé and I were only in Split for a couple of days and had lunch here both days. The tomato and mozzarella pasta was very tasty as was the steak, all made with the freshest ingredients. It's always a good sign when you can see the food being prepared from the seating area. By far the cheapest place we came across in Split, how a previous reviewer can say it's more expensive than usual is completely baffling. We paid around £6 for the pasta, £12 for a high quality steak and £1.50 a glass of house wine. The restaurant is tiny but defo worth seeking out in the hope you manage to get a table. Service is at a relaxed pace but absolutely no issue with that when on holiday. Highly recommended!

1  Thank StevoDE
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Really friendly service and brilliant food in this tiny little restaurant. We tried to go for an evening meal but there were no seats so we went back for lunch and were really glad we did. Try the mussels!

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Food was delish. Pasta was al dente and the chicken stew was flavorful. Everything was freshly prepared in an open kitchen.