“Great food in split!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: No Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

The owner is married to an italian , she definitely knows how to cook !!! Really one of my favorite restaurants in split great for italians !!!! You can't find pasta like this almost anywhere in split. Really happy i found this place I'll be coming weekly from now on.

2  Thank Fmerlini
Write a ReviewReviews (1,097)

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I loved this tiny place so much that I went back for another round during my stay in Split. It's tiny and very laid-back. If you are looking for a fancy dinner, this is not the place for you. I, however, loved sitting on the stools, facing the cook and listening to Croatian men talking throughout my whole meal. The prices are great, the food is homey and the experience is great!

3  Thank Jimena L
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Tiny place with a bar to eat at. They make the food right there in front of you so you can smell your order. I had the sea bass plate which came with a whole fish, potatoes, zucchini, and eggplant. Tasted awesome.

3  Thank redpointer
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We sought out this tiny restaurant on the advice of Lonely Planet, and were not disappointed. We are a party of five with three children ages 9, 10 and 11, and could not sit together because there are only two tables for two and counter space for 7-8. I thought this was a plus as my husband and I had a romantic dinner and the kids could be independent at the counter. The beer and wine was very inexpensive (13 Kuna or 3 USD). There is one daily menu that is printed out with pasta, seafood, risotto and meat dishes to choose from. The food is cooked in front of you. The prices are very reasonable and the serving sizes are moderate (which left enough room for ice cream at a different location afterwards). My only complaint was that a little too much olive oil was used on the salad and my sea bass dish. Our children loved the tomato soup, mussels and seafood risotto.

3  Thank Gayle G
Reviewed September 26, 2013

If you are snob who doesnt like fresh food without a proper menu..then this isnt a place for...if you want a perfect service with waiter just for you and a table far away from other people..its not a place for you..but if you want to try something fresh, non-pretencious food prepared on a most simple way without ruining the basic flavour of ingrediendts,then you can choose this simple and honest place...