“Good salads, good service”

Restaurant Spalatin
Ranked #125 of 401 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: In the center of Split, the most beautiful city in the world, we want to welcome you to our restaurant Spalatin. Here we cherish the good tradition of family restaurants and their knowledge we guarantee the quality and high standards of food based on the first-class fresh seafood that surrounds us and Dalmatian hinterland where high quality meat, fruit and vegetables is present. Our professional and friendly staff will do everything to make you feel comfortable and help in choosing foods. We offer the seafood and meat grill, pizza and pasta.Our specialty are delicious lasagne, pizza and noodle dishes.
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had a light lunch in a nice shadowy setting at 35 plus degrees. We had a Green + chicken salad and an octopus + tomatoe salad, both simple but very nice. Other dishes a tables next to us e.g pasta with see food looked good as well. Service was atent and friendly. Bill was correct. Would recomend and go back

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Our family enjoyed a comfortable and tasty light, late lunch here today. The waiter was gracious and food adequate (good pizza, bland pasta carbonara). Setting is lovely with a generous peek of the Adriatic, shade, and refreshing breezes.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We dined here three times, once for lunch and twice for dinner. Each time, service was very good, with just the right amount of attentiveness from the wait staff. The location is wonderful - in the Trg Republika, surrounded on three sides by colonnades and with a view over the harbor.

We had a variety of dishes, ranging from salads and pizzas to fish, meat and chicken entrees. I don't think any of them were less than very good, both in quantity and quality, and their prices are very reasonable. When we had dinner with family, we paid just over $110 for 7 people - with drinks....

Their pizzas were excellent - thin crust, just as we like them; most pizza in Croatia is thin crust - hard luck if you like soggy deep dish! ;0)

I can recommend the chicken with prsut and cheese.

2  Thank Paul B
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My wife and I stopped here for lunch one day while on our honeymoon in Split. The service was polite and prompt and they even made suggestions as to what we might like. We had a pizza each, mine was prawn with garlic while my wife had ham and mushroom.

I would recommend stopping by as the food was really good quality and incredibly good value. As I have already said the service was good and definitely added to the experience. Sat out, although under cover in the very pretty Republic Square.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Excellent and simply restaurant with great food, low price, friendly service. Very nice atmosphere and great view on Split harbor and dalmatian islands. I enjoy in nice mozzarella salad and chicken breast with prosciutto and cheese. My wife had a great lasagna with spinach. Red wine in nice domestic bottle was great. I recommend this restaurant to all , specially to family and couples.