“Best place in town!”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best place in town!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

This is by far the best restaurant in Split. The owners are welcoming and informative. We had salads to start, then grilled vegetables and fresh tuna with four peppers. The restaurant is located in a lovely stone building with whimsical chairs.
The atmosphere is fabulous, and the food divine. We tried three desserts....creme brullee, panacotta, and Semifredo, a Croatian specialty with figs and nuts. Everything was excellent!

2 Thank Igiveuponthisdumbname

• Serbian first
Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
“Excellent!!!!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have nothing but great things to say about this restaurant. The atmosphere, service and food was exceptional!! And for a more than reasonable price. Its the perfect place to go to experience a traditional Croatian meal along with many other delicious dishes. My server was very kind and was eager to help me put together a meal that would truly let me experience Croatia and satisfy my taste for seafood. She suggested sardines with onions to start and a fresh (caught that day) Orada fish with spinach and potatoes for my entree. I was not at all disappointed, my meal was phenomenal and the portion was perfect, leaving me more than satisfied. After my meal I had no room for dessert but had a craving for a drink, my server suggested there homemade blueberry grappa. It was the cherry on top of a perfect meal! After enjoying myself so much, I of course chose to eat at Tinel again on my last night in Split. As I suspected, I again enjoyed a fantastic meal in a lovely atmosphere and was treated to wonderful service. This is perfect spot for a meal in Split, and for a great price, make sure you don't miss out!!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank mamc1988
Split, Croatia
“new, unpretentious restaurant in tourist area”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

we had a dinner this september, was a windy evening and this place at šperun seemed to be perfect for couples. its a new restaurant in split so we wanted to give a chance, and was so good. music was dalmatian hits like mišo kovač, oliver dragojević etc but it was nice sound, speakers were on a right place and volume just as it should be. waitress was very friendly and patient. we ordered some classic style beefsteak, rumpsteak with vegetables which were tasty and grilled so good. wine list is nice, there are postup and dingač from radović and madirazza at good price, as well as some other. we were very happy to see a place which is new and not so expensive in split, were are more and more expensive place without imagination and style. we will visit this place again and i hope quality will be on same level.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank ruzzmarin
hong kong
“Must try! You won't regret”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is one of the best restaurants we had tried in Croatia. The restaurant is nicely decorated with an atmosphere of fine dining. The dishes are absolutely delicious, we had black cuttlefish risotto, scampi with tomato sauce and white wine as well as salad. The risotto is definitely the signatue dish for this resturant, scampi is equally impressive. It cost only 210 kunas that is not impossible to find the same quality in my hometown. The waiter is attentive and very accomodating. Washroom is very clean. I would love to come back if spending more time in Split.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank iloveHK
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Service with a smile”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We enjoyed our meal of basically Italian cuisine but the smiles and good nature of the waitress restored our faith in human nature at a difficult time. In these tourist towns food can be much of a muchness and this was definitely above average but sometimes it is the service that makes the difference.

Visited September 2012