“the most romantic restaurants in Split”
Review of Trattoria Tinel

Trattoria Tinel
Ranked #41 of 402 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I found a long time ago so romantic place, which is hard to describe, with beautiful fee that is always smiling, and food that is great.

3  Thank Matej G

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stumbled upon this place, which had only been open a few weeks when we arrived. The service was very sweet, and the "black" risotto was to die for. Other dishes were also really good--but with that risotto, everything else is just excellent food. It's a beautiful place, too, with gorgeous huge windows onto "happening" Sperun, near the harbor.

1  Thank DURB0381
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and I dined here in September this year as we stumbled across it near our accommodation. We were attracted to it by the ambience seen through the windows and not disappointed at all.

The waitress (possible owner?) was really friendly and welcoming, my wife ordered fish of the day and I ordered the Fillet Steak.

Complimentary bread was brought and we had rather a long wait but were told the fish had to be cooked properly. My wife was not disappointed as the fish was cooked to perfection. My steak was a little rare for my liking and with minimal fuss it was taken away and back as desired. The chips freshly cut home made, none of the usual "French Fries" frozen affair.

It was slightly more expensive than some of the other restaurants in Croatia, but stood out as one of the best meals we had.

2  Thank ViggyValue
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The newly opened Trattoria Tinel in August 2012 is situated just a minute away from the Riva in Sperun Street and deserves support from visitors to Split. The interior dining area has been tastefully renovated and there are also tables on the street.

The one waiter working was very charming, welcoming us and taking our food and drinks order efficiently and with a smile.

The menu, while not radically different from many other eateries did at least have a few different choices on offer. A traditional starter of mozzarella and ripe tomatoes drizzled with olive oil and served with wild rocket proved that food does not have to be complex to be delicious, as long as the ingredients are of good quality.

Our main courses of Steak Diablo, a steak with a spicy tomato sauce was succulent and tasty while the freshly made grilled lamb sausages served with a red pepper sauce were also very good. The side dishes of grilled vegetables and sauteed potatoes were good partners for these meals.

As we were impressed with the food we had already eaten, we ordered a traditional Croatian dessert similar to an egg custard to share with coffee. When these arrived the waiter informed us that they were on the house as we had been good customers.

To summarise, this was the best meal we ate in Split and would not hesitate to recommend dining at Trattoria Tinel.

1  Thank Gemfish
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Had 5 days in Split in September and it's unusual for my Wife and I to dine at the same place twice but we made an exception for Tinel.

The restaurant has only been operating for a few months but I predict that it will have a bright future.

It is close to several restaurants that have benefitted from good write-ups in Lonely Planet etc. over the years so is competing on a high level.

The first time we went I had cevapcici, a Dalmatian sausage, the second time a grand steak with a spicy sauce. Both times the meals were impeccably cooked - the steak needing a special mention. I had been a little concerned that the dish arrived without the obligatory steak knife. I needn't have worried, the steak would have fallen apart with a hard stare - lovely stuff.

Service is also exceptional. A very warm welcome and attentive waiting staff made both visits most memorable.