“Great seafood, lovely service, gorgeous building”
Review of FIGA food bar

FIGA food bar
Ranked #168 of 401 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We arrived at this restaurant very late one evening after a long, hectic day of travelling and still jet lagged. We'd been walking around the city looking for another place, which we failed to find until the next day, and were both a bit hangry (hungry + angry). We walked into FIGA knowing nothing about it, but instantly could see it was a great choice - excellent decor, good music, welcoming staff (the waiter saw me rubbing my eyes after I sat down - he came over to ask if I was OK and offered me a headache pill ;) He was great at recommending dishes, and very convivial, really did a great job of helping us to relax. The food was superb too - we went back again the next day for an early dinner and both times, both our meals were excellent - I recommend the Cuttlefish Risotto, but actually anything will not disappoint. Very good prices too and excellent wines - go there if you possibly can!

1  Thank KylieSandy

Reviewed May 21, 2014

For a country that doesn't do a lot of breakfast this is really excellent. The cutest little cafe up and down some stairs in a narrow split alleyway with very fresh healthy food at reasonable prices. Service was good as was the coffee and they had a great selection of cocktails should you go there a little later in the day...

4  Thank Jono C
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Had a very good late lunch here: muscles in coconut milk, homemade tortellini, fig and prosciutto salad, all very tasty. Some tasty juice cocktails that can be spiked, or not. Is happily go back.

Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

The place itself is at a very unusual but pleasant location.The food is not bad,but nothing extraordinary.The plates are too pricy for their size.A very cool place to have a cup of coffee at,but that's all.The menu sounds a lot better than it actually is.I've eaten at much better places in Split.Also the waiters were moody and very slow.

1  Thank d_butt3rfly
Reviewed May 7, 2014

this is the trend spot to eat in split , its funky , youthful , unusual
the outside steps to sit are great and relaxed
the food was so good we went back againthe next day my husband loved the black risotto but i recommend the smoked mussels pasta
the whole menu is great and they seemed busy even though the weather was bad and it was a sunday! iwould recommend bookingin high season