“A surprisingly good meal experience!”
Review of No Stress

No Stress
Ranked #87 of 382 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Central European
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
West Midlands
“A surprisingly good meal experience!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I resisted eating here for several days as, honestly, it seemed a bit tacky (bright pink and purple tables and all-day-cocktail advertisements don't scream "classy dinner location!") however we eventually did have dinner here and I had to eat my words.

The menu was much more varied than many in the squares, and although it is a little on the pricey side I think overall it was worth it. The menu really seemed to pride itself on using local ingredients. My husband was delighted to find a local-breed cattle steak on the menu which he gleefully tried, while I had a beef stew. Both were delicious and very well prepared, and very filling! For the interested, the local beef is quite different to a typical (uk/European) flavour and is very strong and grassy.

Overall this was a surprising gem of a restaurant in a great location.

• Visited September 2013

• Polish first
Lima, Peru
“Poor breakfast.”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Getting breakfast in Split can be hard! It's not part of Croatian culture, I guess. So, after reading about this place as one of the breakfast spots in the city I though I'd give it a try. I ordered the "Breakfast menu" (39 kn, about 4 euros) and it was certainly not worth it. The menu says orange juice + coffee + toasts with butter, cheese, ham and lettuce. The sandwich, however, was AWFUL. Full of mayonnaise! I tried to scrape most off, but it still made me sick afterwards. If your menu doesn't say mayonnaise, then don't add mayonnaise! Disgusting and most definitely NOT what I wanted for my last breakfast in Split.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jimena L
London, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We decided to eat here during our stay in Split at the end of July. The best aspect of the restaurant is the location, it is great for watching the world go by and looking at some street performers. Our meal as ok, the service ok also. The prices were a little on the high side but it is located in the old town and it seems many people are keen on this. We did order a bottle of merlotina at 260kn, quite a let down as a choice of wine and would not recommend it.

• Visited July 2013
De Panne, Belgium
“Portions you shouldn't call a main dish”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

After reading the reviews, we gave this spot a chance. We ordered the simple pasta (60kn) and the homemade raviola with prawns. The simple pasta was just too simple. Nothing restaurant-worthy. The homemade raviola was tasty, but I received 5 pieces of raviola and this was called a main dish (80 kn). I don't eat a lot but this plate, I could have eaten 3 of them at least. When I told the waiter, he just smiled and said I should have ordered something like the basic pasta. Sorry, but a disappointing experience.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Kurtnn
Brussels, Belgium
“Way to expensive”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is a major tourist-trap. Far better and less expensive restaurants in the small alleys of the old town.

• Visited October 2013