“Sweet place in centre of Split” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant San Giovanni

Restaurant San Giovanni
Ranked #300 of 349 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European
“Sweet place in centre of Split”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Really good food, my beefsteak with french fries was excellent . My partner was eating fish on grill with swiss chard. It was all very tasty.

• Visited September 2013

• Polish first
  • Slovak first
Huntington, West Virginia
“Best Hamburger I have every eaten”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

When you are visiting a restaurant along the Dalmatian Coast, the last thing you expect to find is the best hamburger you have ever eaten. Usually, when traveling I make a point of trying the local cuisine but the day I was in Split I was in the mood for something American. When I spotted the hamburger on the menu I decided to order it -- expecting to be disappointed. When it was put on the table I was surprised to say the least. The bread was a wonderful flat bread fresh out of a brick oven. The meat was pressed thin and it had to be a very good ground steak instead of hamburger. The only thing on the sandwich besides meat was a wonderful cheese. This sandwich did not need anything else. It came with French fries that we okay but frankly the serving was so big I did not need them. My friend ordered a cheese pizza and it too was incredible. For the portion sizes we received the price was very reasonable. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and hope to get back there again one day.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JennyHonaker
“Average food and pretty expensive for small quantities”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stopped with 8 friends.. service was terribly slow and food was below average (salad, pastas and fish). At the end, we were charged an average of 120 kuna per person for a dish and a drink...bread is charged... i do not recommend this place!

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“Not worth anyone's money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by with a group of friends for dinner at 9pm. There was room in the restaurant even though the area isn't very big, yet it took ages to get the food. By looking atvthe watch, it appeared that the food arrived after over an hour of wating, which is terrible of a restaurant that size. After an hour, we notified the waiter that we have waited an hour for our basic-type food and got a reply of "I know, 5 more minutes", which turned out to be 15 minutes.

The food was average, nothing special. I would definetely NOT reccommend this restaurant to anyone, as you will no doubt be disappointed. It wasn't that cheap either. There are much better restaurants in the area with the same prices or lower.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Rome, Italy
“Relaxed atmosphere and excellent Dalmatian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I come from Italy and I am familiar with Mediterranean cuisine, but the food I tasted at this lovely restaurant is something great. The staff is very nice and friendly. See you again this year, San Giovanni.! ferragostoooo :)))

• Visited October 2012