“DO NOT MISS THIS”

Dining options: Reservations
Stockholm
“DO NOT MISS THIS”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Without question the best restaurant during our three nights stay in Split.
We found it only because of tripadvisor and because it was located a few hundred meters from our apartment. The surrounding area looks terrible and it is almost unbelievable that you can find such a gem here.
Outside is a real rundown area with a football field, weight liftning and karate/judo clubs. It looks like something taken from a russian gangster film. Inside the restaurant is really nice though.

The service is really great. The food even better. I had beef and my wife had chicken. We were both more than satisfied. Very good meat superbly prepared and presented. The waiter was very attentive and served us both desserts (the chocolate souffle is delicious) and rakija on the house.
The prices are at least half of what the establishments on the Riva and in the old city charge (and the quality of both service and food way better)

This restaurant is not for tourists and is located well away from the beaten path but if you are willing to walk for ten minutes (or take a cab) away from the palace you will not be sorry.

• Finnish first
  • Serbian first
boston
“A surprise!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Yes, this place is certainly difficult for a stranger to find! Well hidden behind a parking lot and the cab driver had never heard of it. And when we got there it was pretty empty at 8:30 and we were dubious about our choice for dinner (from TA reviews). The rather huge menu was a little daunting too. But I have to say our meal was absolutely delicious and everyone was very nice, even if there was a basketball game going on on the TV in this nicely table-clothed dining room. My grilled squid with roasted vegetables was the best squid I had on our whole trip and believe me, I had a lot of squid. My husband had the fish in truffle sauce and it was equally delicious. Turned out to be a great experience. More people came in later too. But we needed a cab to get us home.

• Visited May 2014
Split, Croatia
“Best food in Split”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This place has the best food in town, with great service and menu choice. It is hard to find if you are not from town, but you need to try :)

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Antonio S
Zagreb, Croatia
“Excellent fish restaurant! ”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I was here on a business dinner and was very impressed with this plave. Everything was made perfectly. I had grilled calamari among the best I ever tried. I definitely recommend this plave also because the staff is friendly and professional.

1 Thank Lex3210
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent restaurant”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Excellent food, lots of different menu.Great pasta and meat dishes The chef even prepared a meal for us the way we asked, that wasn't on a menu and with no extra charge.The service was friendly and efficient, with professional waiters who spoke good English. The wine selection was also good. I highly recommend.

• Visited August 2013