“Best stay ever!!!”

Palace Judita Heritage Hotel
Ranked #2 of 58 Hotels in Split
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Amazing place to stay and if you come here, choose room four. It can accommodate 2 adults and a child, on a comfortable sofa bed. The balcony is a great place to have a cup of coffee or a sip of tea. Breakfast is absolutely delicious - try one the hotel's very own range of jams. If you want a smile on your face, talk to Andrija. He is very talented, from making his very own jams to cooking up delicious omelettes and even 'captaining' the hotel golf buggy.

Room Tip: Room 4 has a balcony opening up onto the square. Windows are sound proof.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Harbourbridge

Reviewed July 5, 2014

My husband and I spent one night at the hotel and could not have had a better experience. Immediately upon booking, the level of service and efficiency was evident when we were sent very precise directions on where to park our car as well as instructions on when to notify the hotel so that they could send someone to meet us and transport our luggage. While this sounds like it should be standard procedure I assure you many other hotels in Croatia did not get this right.

Adrian was amazing from the second we walked in, giving us great dinner recommendations, offering us a cocktail and truly making us feel at home.

The hotel's location could not have been better, and as the staff puts it, 'everything we care about is within walking distance of the hotel'. Very true! We had only one evening in Split and felt that the location of the hotel gave us a great sense of the city.

The room was clean and very comfortable and the next morning I found myself wishing I could transport that room to other locations on the trip. If you find yourself traveling to Split, look no further. This is the hotel for you.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lstout
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Beautiful room although noise of other doors shutting and reception area can be heard clearly through door & shower head/hose leaked water and bath could not be emptied.

Two days after leaving the hotel I received an email claiming I had not returned my key (which I handed to a staff member as I left before reception opened at 7am) and noticed I had been charged almost $200 on top of the room charge. Then I received a further email from booking.com claiming I hadn't shown up for my booking and charging me a second amount for the room. I'm being charged almost 3 times the correct amount for a one night stay and the hotel's receptionist has been unwilling to reconsider her position despite the information I have provided to the contrary. A complete lack of customer service and non-compliance with the law.

This experience has tarnished my whole trip and I would never recommend this hotel. I've travelled for more than a decade and never lost a key or been accused of doing so.

• Stayed: June 2014
12  Thank Julie C
shadeCRO, Manager at Palace Judita Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear guest,

It is incumbent upon us to remind You that the credit card you provided us with on the day of your arrival was declined due to the insufficient funds. As You left the hotel unannounced early morning without actually settling Your bill, and with the room key, we have tried to contact You several times via the telephone however You were unavailable.

After several unsuccessful attempts to charge the credit card You provided, we have made a retroactive cancellation of Your reservation in order to try and charge the credit card You supplied as the reservation guarantee.

Only after sending You several e-mails over the course of the morning and the afternoon we have managed to charge Your credit card at 17:53 (5.53 PM).

As You are aware, You were charged only once for your stay, in the exact amount as agreed upon at the time of Your booking and if You wish we will send You the copy of the credit card receipt which clearly states the amount, time and date of transaction, but You can also easily check this data with Your bank.

Only additional charge to Your credit card was done due to the lost key, and only after Your initial false claims that You left the key at the front desk.

As in the meantime You have informed us You did manage to find the key, this amount will as promised be refunded to Your credit card as soon as we receive the key.

It is unfortunate that this situation negatively affected the rest of Your trip.

Palace Judita Heritage Hotel team

Reviewed June 29, 2014

This hotel is located adjacent to Diocletian's Palace on a square with several restaurants from which to choose. Rooms are modern and well-appointed. Breakfast buffet is small, but hotel is small and anything larger would be impractical; they also offered to cook what we wanted. Best thing about the hotel, besides its location and modern conveniences, is the staff! As stated by others, the staff here is top notch, bending over backwards to optimize our visit in Split. There is no parking at the hotel, so you are directed on where to park- about 5 minutes away- and the bellman picks you and the luggage up with a golf cart. Checkin and checkout went very smoothly; I cannot say enough good things about the staff- they really made our stay outstanding!

Room Tip: Book as early as possible! This hotel does not have many rooms and fills up quickly!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bob-and-Mila
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I have to say, my husband out did himself when he picked this place. It's thanks to all you Trip Advisor reviewers! I loved this place! From Andre, who is the most divine guest services person to our beautiful room! They provided us with a bottle of wine for a warm welcome, the room was very large (we had the corner room), the bed was super comfy, the pillows perfect, the place was super clean, the bathroom was lux, I can go on and on. I felt like a Croatian Princess!! The room was very quite considering all the action right outside. This is a quality built hotel. On top of all that, you cant ask for a better location. Right in the heart of the old city. We rented a car which was parked in a special parking area designated to Palace Judita Hotel. So we had no problems with getting around with and without the car. Parking can be a nightmare in Split. Next time we visit Croatia, I plan to stay for a month!!

Room Tip: Spend the extra $ to get the corner room with two windows overlooking the old city. After all, you...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 8umble8ee
Reviewed June 24, 2014

As repeat European travelers, Palace Judita is the standard by which we will be judging our future accomodations. This hotel, its management, personnel, and level of service are extraordinary. While the location, cleanliness, decor, room size, functionality, comfort and food are all of the highest quality, it is the level of service and (presumably) training of personnel which place this hotel in a class by itself. For examples: After a day of air and ground travel, we were not immediately required to que up at registration and display our legal, financial and reservation documents - we were shown to our room to relax, unpack, and enjoy a complimentary, chilled bottle of local wine, and register AFTER getting comfortable. The room windows facing the main square and its nightlife are state-of-the-art, triple paned, soundproof. When leaving on a day trip to Plitvice National Park, we were given a picnic lunch and beverages to take along. After asking the location of the ferry office (tickets available only on the day of travel), a staff member asked for our preferred departure time, insisted on picking up the tickets very early the next morning, and after check-out, transporting our luggage ONTO the ferry. Every facet of our stay received a comparable measure of attention to detail. I highly recommend this hotel to fellow travelers, and any student of hotel management wishing to learn how to provide a first rate hospitality experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank rglaw890
Reviewed June 21, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Judita Palace for one night. We read such great things about the hotel on TripAdvisor so we were really excited about our stay. I'm happy to say that the hotel didn't disappoint!

The hotel had given us instructions to call them once we landed at the airport and were on our way. I shared the info with the taxi driver and he was able to sort things out with the hotel very quickly. A staff member met us at the Riva and drove us to the hotel in a little golf cart. This was extremely helpful since we had a ton of luggage and we probably would have gotten lost trying to find our way around. The drive was just about 5 minutes.

Once we reached the front desk, we were greeted by an extremely nice and friendly man who checked us in quickly. He mentioned that we would be staying in the Roko and Cicibela room and escorted us to the room. He then took the time to go over all the features of the room as well as the hotel amenities and services.

Though the room was a bit small, it was absolutely charming and decorated so nicely. It was exactly what it looked like on the hotel website. The room consisted of many amenities such as a flat screen TV, hot water kettle, coffee and tea, and heated towel racks. There was no view but we knew that upon booking. My only complaint about the room was the shower. The shower was enclosed by a small glass wall on one side so the area around the shower got wet pretty easily.

The hotel rate included breakfast, which consisted of a nice spread of bread, cold cuts, cereal, yogurt, and fruit. You could also order omelets. Service was excellent and we enjoyed eating in the little courtyard area next to the dining room.

Upon checkout, a member of the staff was more than happy to drive us to the ferry terminal since we had so much luggage. This again saved us a lot of time and energy.

Overall, we absolutely loved our stay and the location cannot be beat. The hotel is centrally located within Old Town and everything was within walking distance. The staff was phenomenal and just extremely helpful. Also, if you like to people watch, you should definitely sit at the cafe outside of the hotel as the hotel is located in the main square in Split.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple