“A blissfully well-kept gem.”

Palace Judita Heritage Hotel
Ranked #2 of 57 Hotels in Split
San Diego, California
“A blissfully well-kept gem.”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

It could be rated better if they perhaps offered free spa treatments and kittens in their prettily appointed and immaculately clean rooms. In other words, it is fantastic within the realms of reason. The staff is absolutely helpful without hovering, the bathroom was outrageously clean, fast wifi included, perfect location in the ancient city, and if that were not enough...you can play chess over breakfast should you desire. And we did. Delicious cappuccino. Andrea was impossibly charming. The toiletries are shimmery. And I believe it's newly renovated with more rooms to come. They have done a great job.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
London
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Staying in the Judita Palace was the highlight of my Croatia trip and is easily one of the top two Hotels I have ever stayed in. A simply wonderful experience made even better by two of the most welcoming, friendly and helpful staff that I have had the pleasure of meeting - Andrija and Marija. First, I had a little trouble parking as my designated spot had been taken by someone else not connected to the Hotel. I found a park (but it was a fair way away), walked to the Hotel and then Andrija drove me back to find my car and help me move it to another carspot that was part of the Hotel. It was a slightly daunting experience (as I got a bit lost) so when I returned to the Hotel, Marija was waiting with a nice glass of wine! The room I was given was simply beautiful! It really felt like a palace room but with lots of mod cons. Andrija gave me a tour of the room and how everything worked in the Hotel. He then recommended some really good restaurants for dinner and drinks. It made me feel very well looked after and made my introduction to Split magical. If that wasn't fantastic enough customer service, as Andrija used to live in Dubrovnik, he and Marija also gave me detailed directions on how to get to my Hotel in Dubrovnik as well as where to drop off my hire car. Dubrovnik is difficult to drive around so the directions were a life saver! Plus I received tips on good places to eat and drink there as well. Oh, and breakfast was delicious and so well presented to make my morning a great way to start the day. So my time in Split couldn't have been more fantastic - a beautiful, period Hotel with a simply perfect room and the best customer service in any Hotel I have experienced. Thank you Andrija and Marija - you are treasures!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank DualFishy
Maryborough, Australia
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The Judita Palace would have to be one of the very best accommodation experiences we have enjoyed. Brilliant location in the literal centre of Split, tastefully decorated, comfortable and clean with staff (Marija and Andrea) who did everything in their power to help you enjoy your stay in this amazing city. What else could you wish for? All advice regarding restaurants, ferry trips, places to see was spot on and the breakfasts were beautiful. Early departure to drive to Dubrovnik triggered a delicious packed breakfast and transport to the car park was never a problem. This was a truly memorable stay for all the right reasons - absolutely recommended without hesitation.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

This was one place that has really stuck in our minds as a great place to stay. They pick you up in a golf buggy from the parking and whizz you through the narrow alleyways of Split to get to the lovely central square where the hotel is located. The staff are terrific. Sorted our ferry tickets and made us feel very welcome. Feels more like a very grand house than a hotel. Rooms are not huge, but are very comfortable and triple glazing means it is quiet at night. No restaurant at hotel , but not a problem as they recommend good places to go. Location is wonderful which made exlporing Split a great experience. So, we loved everything apart from the price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SimonP113
San Ramon, California
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We spent 3 nights at Judita Palace. This is a great hotel. The rooms are spacious, clean and very well appointed. But the real reason to stay here is the service. The staff speaks perfect English and couldn't have tried harder to make our visit great. They helped us navigate the city, made sure our needs were met, and even drove us back and forth to our car (parked away in the hotel's private lot) in their private golf cart. The morning breakfasts are good, cooked to order. The location of the hotel couldn't be better - right inside the old palace walls. One recommendation - explore Split beyond the palace walls. There is plenty to experience outside the big tourist zones.

2 Thank sjkatlaw
Nice, France
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel in Old Split is exactly how I want a hotel to be. Very effective and very friendly service even if you ask for service that is not normally included. Useful recommendations concerning restaurants was highly appreciated. A nicely decorated room combined to make our stay here very interesting and worth remembering.

1 Thank Rolf S
Zagreb
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Palace Judita for 3 nights and we wish we could have spent more time there & in Split. The staff Maria & Andrea were amazing, I wish we could take them home with us. We had a small issue with our rent-a-car agency and Andrea went right over and took care of the situation which we were not able to do ourselves. Many thanks to Andrea for that. The rooms were beautiful and had everything you needed. The breakfast had a larger selection to choose from and you could basically spend all day at this charming bed and breakfast and you would have everything you needed. We definitely recommend this to anyone wanting to spend time in Split.