“Waiter will try and sell you everything on the Menu !!”
Review of Jupiter

Jupiter
Ranked #312 of 363 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Pizza, Mediterranean, Croatian, European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: This restaurant is in Diokletian's palace, next to Jupiter's Temple, in Split. It's one of the oldest restaurants in Split.
UK / Antigua
“Waiter will try and sell you everything on the Menu !!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stopped off in here as all the other restaurants in Split were full at the time. I ordered a steak and chips, was not asked how I would like it cooked and it was over cooked. The waiter said we needed to order some salad and fries separately, only to find the steak came with salad. When the bill came it was very expensive as we had to pay for the fries, salad, steak etc all separately. The waiter was pushy and arrogant (agree with other reviews), he also had a skanky bandage on his finger which was not very appetising. Apparently he failed to hang a picture up for his wife, so he is obviously a bit clumsy. I would not recommend eating here there are way cheaper and better places to eat in Split. My wife has also reminded me that the wine was not very nice and it looked like some one had taken a leak in her carafe !! it tasted like it too !

• Visited September 2013

• Polish first
  • Serbian first
London, United Kingdom
“Not bad for the location”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

The service was very pleasant, the location very central, and the food not bad given it is on the tourist drag. Great octopus salad. Not so great pizza (thick stodgy base) but ok. Not one to avoid, not necessarily one to seek.

• Visited August 2013
“Overpriced”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The first night I had supper at the Jupiter restaurant in the old roman palace. What you pay for is not the food you buy, but the location, indeed.
We had sea bass, orata, soup, salad, water, wine, and desserts, and spent over 90€... extremely overpriced!
Plus credit cards were not accepted, and we had to pay cash.

Visited August 2013
Quebec City, Canada
“Bad service and no credit card accepted.”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The waiter was pushing us to order and was a bit arrogant. The food was average, not worth the price. We had pizza and the taste was quite plain. Some ingredients on the menu were missing on the pizzas. The restaurant is very well located and the terrace is quite nice, but other than that we do not recommend.

• Visited August 2013
Rome, Italy
“Not so good”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We went to dinner July 19, 2013 in this restaurant. The location was great and we decided to stop here. I asked the waiter if we could pay by credit card and he said yes, but only if I had spent more than 200 kuna (30 € more or less). After seeing the menu, we decided that we would probably have spent more than 200 kuna! At the end of dinner we ask for the bill and the waiter says, "Sorry, but WE DO NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS." I explain what his colleague had told us before and the waiter's response was that his colleague had told me that I could pay by credit card just to make me sit at their restaurant!
I think it is a shameful thing to take advantage of tourists in this way!
The place was crowded and, anyway, they would not need to resort to this bleak way to attract customers.
The food was average, we spent 418 kuna (approx. 60 EUR) to eat an appetizer of mixed cheeses (but the kind of cheese was just one!), Half a liter of house red wine, a portion of grilled calamari, a portion of stuffed burgers and two side dishes (fried potatoes and beets) that the waiter had hinted that were included with the calamari and burgers (!), and two jagermaister.
Not worth it to eat at this restaurant because tease the customers and they are very arrogant and rude!
Alex