“One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Old Town Hostel

Old Town Hostel
Ranked #32 of 441 Specialty Lodging in Split
“One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Old town is one one of the finest hostels I've ever stayed in. It's a super social place to meet other people. In a perfect location in Split. They keep it really clean. The staff is so helpful, and friendly.
I stayed here based on a recommendation from a girl I met in Bankok. Another friend and I stayed here before a sailing trip. We
Liked it so much, we stated for another week after our trip. I really felt like I was at home and not in a hostel. I highly reccomend.
When we finally left, Dora ( owner/operator) basically made all our arrangements for us. Which also was great too.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank DickConnolly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

First when i get there it was very hard for me to find the hostel...
i took many time to find it.. i was 10 metres from the main door but i did not find it...
(yellow ‘Svijet knjige’ bookshop on the right. Our entrance is the white door on the right, ) remember this..

after i found it i undestood that it was in a excellent Location...it was in the Diocletian's Palace.. Really cool.
Everithing close..Bar-Restaurant-pub- Ferry and bus...

The Hostel it self was clean-Nice-confy beds, good lockers... The Staff ( Antonia) too too nice.. and lovely

Definitily i want to come back...

just 1 thhink i did not like..
9:00 am i was wake up by 5-6- girls that talked load in the common area... so may be they need to write : please dont tolk like.. from 10 pm to 10am may be...

I think it happend because they were a group ... so is common that a group talk loud...

i Definitely want to come back in this Hostel....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank iLoveTravel27
Irving, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

Upon arrival we, my brother, Nefertiny my dog, and I were enthusiatically welcomed. There was even a laundry service, very affordable. The rooms were cheerful and vibraint. Spent my evenings in the tv room watching movies uploaded on the tv, 100 to choose from. Adam and Dora were a delight and they spoiled my pup constantly. I cannot wait to return next year. Counting down the days.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Erica K
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

Located inside Diocletian's Palace in Old Town Split, this place was clean and nicely decorated. Adam and the staff were very helpful pointing out little off the beaten path cool places to check out and happy to help with anything else you need. It is up 3 flights of stairs though so consider packing light.

We only stayed one night and I wish I had spent more time in Split. Not only was there a lot of historical things to see, but there was also great food, a lively nightlife scene, and lots of shopping. Also, there were little surprises that made it more fun, for example when I was on the top of the Rotunda, a singing group happened to start singing inside the Rotunda down below and the music seemed magical.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Maryland0505
Innsbruck, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

My friend and I arrived here at 8am shattered after a night train from Slovenia. Staff could not have been nicer. Though check in wasnt until 1pm we were allowed into the lounge to chill, where we eventually went to sleep. Often hostels are funny about that, but they were lovely and even readied our room for us by 11am! They were really helpful, giving us maps and recommending places to eat. It was also very clean and new feeling dispite it being on its 3rd season. The staff told us the owner is very house proud. We made friends in the 10 bed mixed dorm and went out drinking in a travelers bar near by. Would def recommend if you want to meet people. It is also dead centre and a short walk from the train and bus stations which is very handy! Only downside is only 2 bathrooms and 1 was broken when we stayed.

Room Tip: go for the mixed dorms, more sociable.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Biggera Waters, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

I recently stayed at Old Town Hostel, I stayed for two days then immediately booked for another 2 the following week.
The hostel is clean and well equipped with WiFi, kitchen, tv and comfy beds - everything a tired traveller wants! The location is fantastic as the hostel itself is within the Palace.
The staff, Dora and Adam, are incredible. They are more then willing to give you any information on Split, and Croatia and are always up for a chat.
Old Town Hostel makes you feel at home, which you won't find at many other hostels.
Im already trying to plan my next visit!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank SammmyAnn
Newberg, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

I stayed at the Old Town Hostel recently and I loved it. Dora and Adam werevery helpful and gave me lots of information about Split. This is the kind of hostel I was expecting on my six weeks of Eurailing around Europe and had only found one other place (Prague Downtown Hostel).

The manager and owner got guests together and created an environment that encouraged interaction and conversation. The beds were comfortable and the sheets were colorful and fun. The common room was lively and a great place to hang. The bathrooms were clean and had plenty of hot water. There were large lockers in the rooms so I was able to put all my stuff up.

When I come back to Split...and I will, i will return to Old Town.

Room Tip: Ask for a four person room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo