“Very friendly and did not want to leave.”
Review of Old Town Hostel

Old Town Hostel
Ranked #38 of 461 Specialty Lodging in Split
Irving, Texas
“Very friendly and did not want to leave.”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Upon arrival we, my brother, Nefertiny my dog, and I were enthusiatically welcomed. There was even a laundry service, very affordable. The rooms were cheerful and vibraint. Spent my evenings in the tv room watching movies uploaded on the tv, 100 to choose from. Adam and Dora were a delight and they spoiled my pup constantly. I cannot wait to return next year. Counting down the days.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Erica K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Maryland
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Located inside Diocletian's Palace in Old Town Split, this place was clean and nicely decorated. Adam and the staff were very helpful pointing out little off the beaten path cool places to check out and happy to help with anything else you need. It is up 3 flights of stairs though so consider packing light.

We only stayed one night and I wish I had spent more time in Split. Not only was there a lot of historical things to see, but there was also great food, a lively nightlife scene, and lots of shopping. Also, there were little surprises that made it more fun, for example when I was on the top of the Rotunda, a singing group happened to start singing inside the Rotunda down below and the music seemed magical.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Maryland0505
Innsbruck, Austria
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My friend and I arrived here at 8am shattered after a night train from Slovenia. Staff could not have been nicer. Though check in wasnt until 1pm we were allowed into the lounge to chill, where we eventually went to sleep. Often hostels are funny about that, but they were lovely and even readied our room for us by 11am! They were really helpful, giving us maps and recommending places to eat. It was also very clean and new feeling dispite it being on its 3rd season. The staff told us the owner is very house proud. We made friends in the 10 bed mixed dorm and went out drinking in a travelers bar near by. Would def recommend if you want to meet people. It is also dead centre and a short walk from the train and bus stations which is very handy! Only downside is only 2 bathrooms and 1 was broken when we stayed.

Room Tip: go for the mixed dorms, more sociable.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Biggera Waters, Australia
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I recently stayed at Old Town Hostel, I stayed for two days then immediately booked for another 2 the following week.
The hostel is clean and well equipped with WiFi, kitchen, tv and comfy beds - everything a tired traveller wants! The location is fantastic as the hostel itself is within the Palace.
The staff, Dora and Adam, are incredible. They are more then willing to give you any information on Split, and Croatia and are always up for a chat.
Old Town Hostel makes you feel at home, which you won't find at many other hostels.
Im already trying to plan my next visit!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank SammmyAnn
Newberg, Oregon
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I stayed at the Old Town Hostel recently and I loved it. Dora and Adam werevery helpful and gave me lots of information about Split. This is the kind of hostel I was expecting on my six weeks of Eurailing around Europe and had only found one other place (Prague Downtown Hostel).

The manager and owner got guests together and created an environment that encouraged interaction and conversation. The beds were comfortable and the sheets were colorful and fun. The common room was lively and a great place to hang. The bathrooms were clean and had plenty of hot water. There were large lockers in the rooms so I was able to put all my stuff up.

When I come back to Split...and I will, i will return to Old Town.

Room Tip: Ask for a four person room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank StarrsySmith
Fernie, Canada
Reviewed July 9, 2011

We arrived a day early and the owner (lovely girl whose name i cant remember!) helped us find an alternative just down the road, so we were off to a good start. When we returned the next day the owner was as cheerful and helpful as ever. Hostel is very clean and tidy, great location right in the old town and had a cool vibe. It felt like being in an old friends flat. My only fault, and why this only received a 4/5 star rating, was the fact there is only 1 male and 1 female bathroom for all guests...a few waits but nothing to really moan about. Would definitely recommend, keep up the good work.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank mattlloyd481
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Stayed in old town for three nights, and loved the atmosphere at the hostel. I can see how during peak season, it may be a little cramped, but it was just perfect for me. There was one day I just chilled out in the lounge and watched shows and movies from their collection. It was comfortable, and sort of felt like a home away from home.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo