“Very tasty.”

Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013

With so many touristy Konobas in Split, we were pretty skeptical that this would be average given its location, but the food was surprisingly delicious. I had steak, which was tender and cooked perfectly. My husband had the squid. Because the squid was really fresh, the innards added a really earthy flavor that he found delectable. With a location on the Riva, there is wonderful people watching all around. Overall, this is a great restaurant to enjoy a meal.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Konoba Leut has a good view overlooking the waterfront. It's location is also very good, very near to the republic square, and next to the church. If you walk down from Marjan Hill, you will definitely see it. The waitress is very kind to offer me a drink in the bar when the table is not yet available. Since I am a single traveller and want to try the seafood grill (which is for 2 persons), she is very kind to check with the chef if that is ok. Therefore, this is the only chance that I can try this during the whole trip. The platter is huge with a big squid, a huge piece of salmon, a big sea bass and a few mussel. When I finished all, I'm already full. The fish is very tender and very fresh. It is not very expensive. The restaurant is well decorated with flower along the staircase. This is one of my best meal in Croatia

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Very quite and clean place situated across the street from the sea. We had the Leut fish plate for two. It was the best we had in split. One large grilled white fish with two generous size fillets of tuna, two massive whole squids, topped with mussels and prawns. It's been 3 days and we're still talking about this dish.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Konoba Leut is just along from the Riva in Split, overlooking the harbour and small fishing boats. It is a small restaurant seating twenty or so people outside, I have never eaten inside each time I have visited it. Which over the years has been a few times, the food has always been fresh and tasty. On this visit we had cream scampi soup, which was tasty but could of had a few more scampi in it followed by octopus salad which was presented in a green pepper along with tomatoes, potatoes and garlic. We washed this down with the local black beer called Tomislav, there are local wines etc but on this occasion a beer is what we needed. The down side to this restaurant/Konoba is that it does not take Visa cards etc, I always forget to look for the card sign lately as nearly all places deal with cards now.

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

My Wife and I had an apartment very close to Konobe Leut and had breakfast there a couple of times.

We decided on our last night in Split to have our evening meal here. We were glad we did.

I had a great plate of grilled squid and the Missus had a lovely steak. The food was good; Plenty of it and good value. The waiting staff were always very attentive and a good time was had by all.

It's a great place to watch the world go by made even better by good food and a cold beer.