“Horrible place, never again!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel More

Hotel More
Ranked #31 of 56 Hotels in Split
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Horrible place, never again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We booked this the day before at the height of the season and it was the biggest mistake of our 12 day trip to Croatia. I cannot believe that the people who wrote those rave reviews about this horrible place stayed in the same hotel. Our room was dark with a tiny window, a stained, shabby carpet, a cramped musty smelling bathroom and a hard uncomfortable bed. The unappealing Breakfast was a depressing affair in a dinghy ugly space and the staff were only concerned that we should pay in full when we checked in, before we saw the room, the only hotel to demand this during our trip. The location is dire, a desolate and charmless beach with dreadful restuarants and if you do not have your own transport and are not fit enough to walk several kms you are stranded in what must be one of the least attractive parts of Split. I don't think this place warrants 2* never mind the 3* and the rave reviews are entirely unwarranted based on our experience.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor , just behind the so called dining room - it was awful!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Louise T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kyiv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

More is a small cozy homely hotel. Approximately 200 meters from sea. Not so far from the city center (about 15 minutes by bicycle).
Sincere stuff always ready to to help you.
Beautiful nature.
Not enough words to express all the positive emotions.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the sea view from the balcony every morning and evening.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was happy to get the room with the balcony (more expensive). The moment I entered the room in the evening I was mesmerized by the smell of Jasmine (mid-May 2013) and the distant sound of the see.
Woken up by the smell of Jasmine I went for a quick run. The place is very good for running, no traffic and no people. If you are brave enough you could jump in the water after the run (during May).
The personnel was very nice. They did not have the PC up and running and could not give me the receipt, but they mailed it in the afternoon.
The food was average. The room was tidy and quiet. There is a bus station next to hotel which will take you to the city center (Riva).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Nice family hôtel. Our room had a very large terrace. Service is very friendly. well located not too far from the old city. N the negative side, the Pool is very small and the food is average

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

The hotel lies on the seaside, all rooms facing the sea. It is modern, the rooms are large enough. Our room had a large balcony as well, with sun umbrella, table with chairs. They not only clean the rooms every day, but also clean the balcony and tidy up the mess. (E.g: the shoes had been placed parallel to each other:-) The staff speaks a good English, they're all helpful and kind. The breakfast is always fresh with wide variety of food. I can recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank messecina
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Bottom line: If I go back to Split, I will book here!

The story: My flight from Zagreb was delayed by nearly 2 hours, putting me in after midnight -- and the family owners, the son and his wife, were still waiting for me at the airport! A difficult beginning made very nice by their kindness and friendliness -- which characterized the staff, also. I had inquired beforehand about getting to the hotel from the airport, and given my expected late arrival (10 p.m.) had been advised to take a taxi. Then, I was asked if I would like them to arrange this. I said yes -- luckily. The cost was additional -- not included in the room price, i.e. -- but it was a long ride, and I was happy not to have to negotiate the distance that late via bus [probably no longer running] or a cab that didn't know the way. I did feel badly for them being up so late!

The location was wonderful for what I wanted -- a quiet room on/near the beach, outside the city and its tourist-induced madness. The beach was right across the street and a sand parking lot! On my 2nd day, I walked down the road a bit to the beach organized by Renaissance Blu hotel, which I had passed the day before -- for the equivalent of about 25 euros, I got a beach chair [chaise longue] on a wooden deck, w/ an umbrella and table, and all the coffee/tea/soft drinks/beer I could drink! The deck was important: if you don't know, these beaches are rocky. Getting to, in, and out of the water can be very painful. This deck had been built far enough out into the water to have its own ladder/diving point into deep water, avoiding the rocks. Wish I had seen that in the morning! My flipflops only got me so far. Take "water shoes"!

If you are walking and want 'easy' access to the city, this hotel may not be for you. I like walking and walk often, but it took me over an hour to get to the center, with its market [great!], restaurants, cafes, and old sites -- up from the port. It was hot - and LONG. I walked along the shore; perhaps going up hill and via city streets would have been a bit shorter. I could also have taken the bus.

Location was otherwise great: supermarket with bank machine and bus stop are 2 minutes' walk away. Lots of beach cafes, bars, and eateries/restaurants in walking distance, plus play areas for kids. A local volleyball tournament was in progress while I was there. The room was a nice size -- large double/queen bed, ample closets, roomy; big bathroom, w/ shower; tv, wifi; quiet air conditioner that took a bit of the edge off the heat. Nice buffet breakfast. If you arrive by car or taxi, see if you can get in via the back door and the building's garage -- otherwise, it's many steps up from the street to the front door.

Room Tip: I would have liked a room with a balcony, to sit out on on balmy August evenings.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank dj171950
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We used the bus service to travel in and out from the city centre as the bus stops are very conveniently located. Recommend that you ask the receptionist for a bus time-table, which was very helpful. It was pleasant to relax between sight-seeing, away from tourists for a change and to enjoy the wide open view of the ocean from our very comfortable, private patio. We had a 2 bedroom apartment which was beautiful and clean with top quality finishes. All the staff were friendly, helpful and professional. The receptionist recommended a popular restaurant, the Dalmatino, and gave us directions - about a 15 minute walk, and it was worth it, as we enjoyed a lovely meal with a beautiful view. Definitely would recommend this hotel you prefer smaller, more personal hotels to big, commercial hotels.

Room Tip: We particulary enjoyed our private patio which had a lovely sea-view and was lined with beautiful fl...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family