WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #31 of 56 Hotels in Split
Zagreb, Croatia
“The Smell of Jasmine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was happy to get the room with the balcony (more expensive). The moment I entered the room in the evening I was mesmerized by the smell of Jasmine (mid-May 2013) and the distant sound of the see.
Woken up by the smell of Jasmine I went for a quick run. The place is very good for running, no traffic and no people. If you are brave enough you could jump in the water after the run (during May).
The personnel was very nice. They did not have the PC up and running and could not give me the receipt, but they mailed it in the afternoon.
The food was average. The room was tidy and quiet. There is a bus station next to hotel which will take you to the city center (Riva).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

Nice family hôtel. Our room had a very large terrace. Service is very friendly. well located not too far from the old city. N the negative side, the Pool is very small and the food is average

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

The hotel lies on the seaside, all rooms facing the sea. It is modern, the rooms are large enough. Our room had a large balcony as well, with sun umbrella, table with chairs. They not only clean the rooms every day, but also clean the balcony and tidy up the mess. (E.g: the shoes had been placed parallel to each other:-) The staff speaks a good English, they're all helpful and kind. The breakfast is always fresh with wide variety of food. I can recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank messecina
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

Bottom line: If I go back to Split, I will book here!

The story: My flight from Zagreb was delayed by nearly 2 hours, putting me in after midnight -- and the family owners, the son and his wife, were still waiting for me at the airport! A difficult beginning made very nice by their kindness and friendliness -- which characterized the staff, also. I had inquired beforehand about getting to the hotel from the airport, and given my expected late arrival (10 p.m.) had been advised to take a taxi. Then, I was asked if I would like them to arrange this. I said yes -- luckily. The cost was additional -- not included in the room price, i.e. -- but it was a long ride, and I was happy not to have to negotiate the distance that late via bus [probably no longer running] or a cab that didn't know the way. I did feel badly for them being up so late!

The location was wonderful for what I wanted -- a quiet room on/near the beach, outside the city and its tourist-induced madness. The beach was right across the street and a sand parking lot! On my 2nd day, I walked down the road a bit to the beach organized by Renaissance Blu hotel, which I had passed the day before -- for the equivalent of about 25 euros, I got a beach chair [chaise longue] on a wooden deck, w/ an umbrella and table, and all the coffee/tea/soft drinks/beer I could drink! The deck was important: if you don't know, these beaches are rocky. Getting to, in, and out of the water can be very painful. This deck had been built far enough out into the water to have its own ladder/diving point into deep water, avoiding the rocks. Wish I had seen that in the morning! My flipflops only got me so far. Take "water shoes"!

If you are walking and want 'easy' access to the city, this hotel may not be for you. I like walking and walk often, but it took me over an hour to get to the center, with its market [great!], restaurants, cafes, and old sites -- up from the port. It was hot - and LONG. I walked along the shore; perhaps going up hill and via city streets would have been a bit shorter. I could also have taken the bus.

Location was otherwise great: supermarket with bank machine and bus stop are 2 minutes' walk away. Lots of beach cafes, bars, and eateries/restaurants in walking distance, plus play areas for kids. A local volleyball tournament was in progress while I was there. The room was a nice size -- large double/queen bed, ample closets, roomy; big bathroom, w/ shower; tv, wifi; quiet air conditioner that took a bit of the edge off the heat. Nice buffet breakfast. If you arrive by car or taxi, see if you can get in via the back door and the building's garage -- otherwise, it's many steps up from the street to the front door.

Room Tip: I would have liked a room with a balcony, to sit out on on balmy August evenings.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank dj171950
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

We used the bus service to travel in and out from the city centre as the bus stops are very conveniently located. Recommend that you ask the receptionist for a bus time-table, which was very helpful. It was pleasant to relax between sight-seeing, away from tourists for a change and to enjoy the wide open view of the ocean from our very comfortable, private patio. We had a 2 bedroom apartment which was beautiful and clean with top quality finishes. All the staff were friendly, helpful and professional. The receptionist recommended a popular restaurant, the Dalmatino, and gave us directions - about a 15 minute walk, and it was worth it, as we enjoyed a lovely meal with a beautiful view. Definitely would recommend this hotel you prefer smaller, more personal hotels to big, commercial hotels.

Room Tip: We particulary enjoyed our private patio which had a lovely sea-view and was lined with beautiful fl...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family