“Don't miss this local gem”
Review of Konoba Marjan

Konoba Marjan
Ranked #17 of 402 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Croatian
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Come and experience our small family owned restaurant that father, mother and son run. As we are based on the fresh seafood our offer changes daily depending on what our nearby fish market has to offer. Try our cozy homelike atmosphere, fresh seafood and our wines and we will put a smile on your face.
Reviewed June 8, 2014

If you are in Split, come here to get the best meal you'll have in Croatia. I had the pleasure of dining at Konoba Marjan twice, but I have to warn you: because it is so good, it's hard to get in. My advice is either to call early or to come by, put in your name, have a drink somewhere mediocre, and come here for some fresh fish that will blow your mind. Three words come to mind: fresh, simple, authentic. The chefs (who are the owner's parents) prepare food such that it allows the ingredients to stand out. Everything I ate was perfectly seasoned and seemed like it was just plucked from the field or pulled out of the ocean. Furthermore, the personal and warm service made me feel like I was dining in my friend's kitchen. I'd fly back to Croatia just to have a meal at Konoba Marjan's table. Don't miss this gem.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I travel a lot and as a sea food lover I always try them around the world in various countries.
The seafood plate to share was very nicely presented to us in a highly professional manner by the waiter providing the smallest details to make the already appealing plate more wanted :)
The atmosphere and the friendliness of the staff is simply great. The fish is nicely done and has very nice authentic taste along with the recommended wine... we didn't have any reservation though we were seated in a short time.
Worth while trying when in. Split :)

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Excellent food and service. The fish platter for two is excellent value for money. Our waiter knew his stuff and even remembered my name when I booked a second visit for tomorrow. Wish we had this place back in Liverpool.

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

We were lucky enough to get into this place without booking, but people were getting turned away later so please book to avoid disappointment! Set up a little side street, the outside eating area is very quaint. The waiter brought out the platter of fish available, all bought from the fish market that morning. We decided to go for the fish platter for 2 (290kn) this was well worth the money with sea bream, sea bass, squid, hake and large prawns served with roasted veg which were equally delicious! All the fish was cooked very simply on a grill and tasted great, very fresh. I would definitely recommend this place and it gets you out of the palace which can get a bit monotonous after a while.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Being a big fan of meat, I have decided during my 2 weeks in Croatia to change my diet and try all kinds of fish.

After my entire vacations, I can definitely say that the fish plate in the Marjan was the best, by far! Every one of the fish species had it own flavor very well distinguishable (hard to achieve in a mixed fish plate), and everything was just combined perfectly.

If you have one meal to spend in Split (or even in Croatia), consider eating in this nice restaurant.

Apart the food, the service was exceptional. Nothing negative to point here.