Design Hostel Goli&Bosi
  • Restaurant
Very Good 4/5
Very Good 4/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsair connedgreat locationshower and toiletbed dormultra festivalultra europevisit split againthe busdiocletian's palacecroatiaensuiteheartpromenade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is in the middle of the old walled city. The location could not have been better. Gollly Bossy is close to the water, cafes, shops, and cathedral. We had a private room which was very nicely sized. The only setback was that the bathroom would flood when you took a shower but I've become used to that with traveling. The staff were very friendly and helped us plan out parts of our trip since it was low season and hard to find ferries. I'd definitely recommend staying here if you get one of the private rooms. The location is wonderful, the staff were nice, but remember it is still a hostel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed in this hostel towards the end of Summer 2012 and had a 6 bed room to myself for 3 nights. It would have been great even if there were others!

Great location, very clean. One of the best hostels I have stayed in! The rooms are well designed and quite personal even if you share. I loved the design of the hostel with the interesting writings on Split's history in the corridors.

I loved the little balcony on the 4th floor overlooking the city.

The hoste is in a great location and there restaurant also serve great food. The staff were very friendly and helpful. As they had a lot of space towards the end of the season the lady at reception took time out to show me 4 different rooms and I could choose where I wanted to stay. Very thoughtful!

I also found the hostel very safe with big enough lockers in the rooms.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank LizJou
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Huge place and clean, the beds in a 4 dorm were lovely. The beds had curtains to make your space private, and the lockers had a personal code, so it was very secure. There were showers and a toilet in the dorm, and the people we shared with were really friendly too (although there was nothing Golly and Bossy could have arranged, it was a bonus). The staff were helpful and let us store our bags before check in, and when we sat at the bar they were talkative and nice, the foods pretty good as well. Split was beautiful and the hostel is right in the middle of town, two minutes from the sea front.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anastasia L
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed in Golly&Bossy 2 times. Winter 2011-2012 for 3 months and the 1st time in 2010 for a week, when they just opened it.
It was my love from the first sight. Location is the best in Split: right in the heart of Split historical center, 25m from Riva - favorite walking place seafront. Extreme clean. You'll love friendly warm atmosphere there. You also can't beat the price. What is unusual for Croatia, they have central hot water, so you can not worry, that it will end in the middle of your shower.

I had a suit-room situated at the top floor. They have spacious double bedrooms with a nice bathroom, balcony and a great view. These rooms come with a free breakfast.
Very uncommon design. Always very helpful and friendly staff. Air conditioning worked great either for cooling or for heating. Wifi in rooms is free and perfect. Very comfortable bed.

Pizzeria on the first floor actually is cooking many other restaurant menu dishes. Always tasty and fast. Wonderful team of waiters.
All my friends whom I advised it liked it very much too.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are the best
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tetyana K
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Good design. Everything is well-considered by designers. For example, pin-cord door lock, receipt sheet, passages with original graphics, lay out of beds, stylish restaurant ,original goods and so on. I love thier concepts and details.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo