“Good Location close to the ferry harbor !”
Review of Hotel Luxe

Hotel Luxe
Ranked #9 of 58 Hotels in Split
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Great location, very close to the ferry harbor in case you need to walk to take a boat to any of the islands. Otherwise I think the hotel is quite expensive....We picked Luxe due to the parking behind the hotel, if you are driving to Split - it is very convenient to park the car right behind on their parking lot. The service and stuff are very friendly and pleasant. Breakfast is also excelent. However I am sure there are quite a few hotels in Split less expensive and quite good. Judita Palace was our other choice, since they dont have a parking - we picked Luxe.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

I must admit I was a little hesitant about the decor based on reviews here, but found it very fun and entertaining. The room was clean. The breakfast was well stocked, the staff friendly (helped us find a laundromat, always available to answer questions, always ready with a smile, ordered taxi exactly when we needed), the location great. Loved the view from our balcony 407 (I think). They even had 3 of everything. We had to add a bed to our room and there were three robes, three slippers, 3 towel sets. This shouldn't be such a big deal, but it was only 1 of 2 hotels out of 7 hotels during our trip that actually made this small but thoughtful gesture. Only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is that the room cleaning did not happen when we asked and my mother's nap was interrupted.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
LuxeSplit, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Luxe, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Dear Momofarp,

We were delighted to read that you had the most enjoyable stay and I will be sharing your kind comments with my team. I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated. Comments such as these are extremely encouraging to our team and make it all worthwhile!

Thank you for staying with us and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Luxe in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Luxe second year in row, travelling through Split to Hvar. Hotel is close to ferries and the town center. Easy to reach from AirPort and very convenient when leaving. Nice rooms, booked suites both stays. Small balcony for relaxation. Helpful reception, with good recommandtions for eating out and transportation. The breakfast is nice, not extragavant, but you will find what you need.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Hotel Luxe it the best option for one who wants to stay in a stylish hotel in Split. It is located in a walking distance from Riva and Diocletian's Palace, the ferry port and Bacvice Beach, which means everything. We had a very charming design room equipped with the latest technologies and comfort. The breakfast buffet breakfasts has a varied of food up to 11am, and the facilities wellness which includes sauna and jacuzzi is very relaxing. The staff are very professionals with very good sense of humor, excellence services and ready to exceed your expectations with complements and great attention.

Room Tip: Try to book a room with a balcony with ocean view. Those are quite with a very relaxing view and ver...
2  Thank Carlos1201
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I say the hotel is "weird" because there are some very nice features and then some underwhelming counter-issues that made me scratch my head.

We liked the location of Hotel Luxe because it was centrally located between the old city, ferry terminals and the beach...easy walk of only a couple minutes to all. No problems there!

The staff was very nice and generally very helpful. My only gripe about the staff is that the hotel claims to have a 24 hour lobby bar... but, out of the four days we were there and several attempts at various times, I was only able to acquire a cocktail once. To be fair, they didn't specify which 24 hours of my week that they would be available. When I brought this oddity to the attention of the staff, none were willing to grab a bottle that was 10 feet away. Strange.

The hotel is very clean, but the rooms are "beat up" with lots of scuff marks on the walls and assorted stains that make it look dirty.

The queen bed was actually two twins in the same frame. Not a problem but make sure not to lose your phone between them. Totally weird that they each have their own fitted sheet and comforter. It ended up working out for me because I was undisturbed by my wife's nocturnal thrashing...may have to consider home purchase.

Not a big fan of the huge window in the shower between the bathroom and the bedroom...there is a curtain but it's located in the bedroom....seems backwards to me. I suppose if you're grossed out by seeing the person you're with in the shower or on the toilet, you can close it.

I'd probably give the place a 3.5 but, since that's not an option, I rounded up because their breakfast is really quite good.

Dear mckayvo,

Thank you for your detailed and honest feedback.

It was a privilege having you as a guest of Hotel Luxe. It seems like you had some great and unique experience staying with us. There are original features, some that guests enjoy, some that other guests find strange, but at least it is unique.
We’re are repairing and replacing all damaged items in the rooms; unfortunately some guests don’t look after our inventory. I’m sorry you’ve encountered such a room, but we’ve refurbished it as soon as it was possible.
Our 24h lobby is available through front office after 10pm when you may order any of the drinks from our menu, except for cocktails.

Thank you again for your review. Our guest’s comments are vital to us. When positive, we feel rewarded in our efforts and our employees grow and gain confidence through positive reinforcement. When there is something our clients don’t like, we’re grateful for sharing it with us in an honest feedback because it helps us promptly correct and rise our service standards.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 8, 2014

This hotel is located near to the ferry port, the sea front and old town, which is ideal as everything is so close at hand. There is even a nice little locals bar just down the steps at the side of the hotel for a late evening drink stop on the way home. The hotel has a very modern, highly designed look with lots of sleek white surfaces and chairs and light shades that are like works of Art. I loved it. The bedrooms were also modern and the bathroom very stylish. We had a nice view of the harbour.The breakfast is continental style with plenty of choice and interesting nibbles, they do have scrambled eggs and bacon if you are interested in that. The staff were really customer focused and very helpful at all times. They even sent us details of local restaurants for the evening of our arrival as we were a group of ten and then made the booking. They also put on a free champagne drink for us for one evening as we were a party and staying a week. If you turn right outside the hotel there is a really nice beach about 5 minutes away, with a sandy beach, with shallow clear water, a nice bar and little huts with food, even a massage area. Split is a lovely place, plenty to do and good for ferries to the islands and buses to get around. Food and drink very good value too. Ooh and the sun shone all the time too. Great holiday. Well done hotel Luxe.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view and higher floors
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joy E

Dear Joy E,

Thank you so much for your superb review!

All our team was delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable stay. We have a very dedicated team of people who are a fountain of knowledge when it comes to suggesting the best places in town.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 7, 2014

same decor as the W hotel chain though this one is heavy in the color purple. good service, nice sized rooms (with following caveat), good location, good breakfast, nice bathrooms. If you want a view, stay on the upper floors though the rooms are smaller. We had a large room/suite on the 2nd floor (the people we were traveling with were on an upper floor - same location as us but three floors up and their room was smaller). While standing on our balcony, we noticed that the upper floors did not stick out as far. However we were told that one of the rooms on each of the upper floors is larger due to the configuration.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family