“Wonderful experience”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
new jersey
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

We flew over from America and arrived in Split after changing flights in Munich, tired and hungry! We checked in our room at Palace Suites and after a short rest we went out to find dinner. Our hotel had a great location within the walls of the Old Palace, close to the Cathedral. We very, very fortunately stumbled on Element, which was located down a romantic alley, close to our hotel. The staff was great, and helped us in our selection of many choices. We had octopus salad which was very enjoyable and then the sea bass which was great! Our waiter was so kind and in conversation recommended that we travel to the island of Brac for sight seeing. We took his advice and after a pleasant day we looked forward to returning to Element to share our experience. We truly couldn't explain how wonderful it was, let it suffice to say that do to the great food, the attentive staff and the kindness which was extraordinary of the owners Tony and Mario Element Restaurant became our home away from ome. We couldn't recommend it higher and we can't wait to return!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank oangelw

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Dreadful, tinned seafood stew....but great waiter”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Beware, don't get fished into this restaurant with its cosy look and romantic tables....food is very mediocre and I was go as far as saying that the octupus salad that my partner had to start was from a jar (in oil), his risotto was pretty poor and my seafood stew, from the first mouthful I took, definitely from a tin/jar - somebody else mentioned the no bread unless asked for policy and no credit cards so my partner by this stage a bit angry had to go and get the money from a cash machine - there is something dodgy about this restaurant, as all of our other experiences of Split were wonderful, I think the management (we did ask to speak to him) and he was just rude, but the waiter was young, honest and lovely - he did try and warn me off the stew!! And there was only one chef who seemed to be struggling to keep up with the demand!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank LJRD
“Great late night find”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here late (9:00 pm) in off season, not much choice. We were pleasantly surprised. Sat in the alley, very romantic. The waiter was very attentive. My partner had meat rolls, I had sea bass. Both cooked to perfection. House red wine is recommended. Overall it was a great find.

• Visited April 2013
Christchurch
“Enjoyable meal unfriendly staff”
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have been travelling for 6 weeks and our meal at elements was just like a home cooked meal. We had a traditional dish of stuffed green peppers which we thoroughly enjoyed. The background music from the guitarist was just lovely. However the staff need to be a little more attentive they had a now care attitude .The restaurant is set in a beautiful little lane of the palace .

Camberwell, London UK
“Lazy, uninterested, disappointing”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Perhaps we turned up a bit too late for them to love and cherish us.
But it would have been nice to have been told that main dishes don't come with any vegetables, or that bread doesn't come without you asking for it. And it would have been nice to have been able to get our bill promptly, even though they weren't interested in us being there.
Fish was ok, kebabs tasteless, and I can't comment on the vegetables. Other restaurants nearby are much better.

• Visited September 2012