“Nice location”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Nice location”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The location right in the old city underneath ancient walls has been out reason to have lunch here. The black risotto was good as was the grilled chicken. Don't ask for a cappuccino.

• Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not good value for the money”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Myself and my family went to Split for a daytrip from Zadar. Looking for some lunch we tried to stay of the tourist traps near the marina. Any ways, we ordered various mains; risotto, grilled squid and these long meatballs. none of them came with any side orders which was annoying as the waiter didn't mention it while we were ordering. Even thought this might be our fault for not reading through the menu, its not to fun ending up with a plate full of squid and nothing else. luckily the squid was good. but the meal could have been a lot better.

Lastly I would not actually recommend this to any friends as I found the prices far to steep for the little food they served. a cover charge of 7 kuna per person. for a little egg cup full of mixed nuts. for the four of us the lunch became a lot more than we set out to spend, and for alot less than we expected to serve. Only factor that pulls the experience was the quality of food.

• Visited July 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
“Overpriced and unexciting”
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have been to Split before and decided to take our friends there for a day trip. We ate lunch at this restaurant and were pretty underwhelmed by the experience. Although I cannot fault the location (in the old town and the restaurant has a cute courtyard that we sat in) or the service, the food was disappointing. Being on the coast we all ordered seafood. Our friends chose the mackerel and fried calamari. The mackerel was just that, a cooked mackerel on a plate with no side salad or garnish of any kind. The fried calamari was fried tubes of squid on a plate (again no accompanying sides or garnish) and was not as good as the calamari we have eaten further up the coast for half the price. My husband ordered fish and chips - one piece of crumbed fish with a pile of chips - and I had the prawn risotto, which was probably the most flavoursome meal of the bunch, but the prawns were more like shrimps. All of us would have ordered side dishes had we known that the meals did not come with anything else on the plate. So for one of the more expensive meals we have eaten in Croatia, it did not live up to expectations.

Warsaw, Poland
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This is my family,s third day in Split. This was the first true experience I was looking for from Croatia. The waiter Evos ( hope I spelled his name correctly) is the best server I have come across in a very long time. His Gentle manner is second to none, with attention to detail. The food was tasty and presented well, however the service was the true star of the evening. Shared the meat platter with my wife and all items tasted very good. The greeter outside the restaurant was also kind and friendly and offered a hand shake and a local drink on the way out the door. Made me feel good about my selection and choice for the evening. Bravo to Element and keep up the good work.

• Visited July 2012
8 Thank DenyseWarsaw_Poland
London, United Kingdom
“Could have been better”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Element is right in the centre of Split Old Town and has a serene courtyard out the back of the restaurant. I had the Sea Bass which was delicious and well cooked. The reasons I awarded Element three and not four out of five, was because my husband ordered the Risotto with Prawns, and not only was it undercooked - the rice was far too al dente - but there was a total of two tiny prawns in the dish. Disappointing. Then when we got the bill we were charged 34 Kunas for nuts and bread which we did not order and did not even eat. My two year old fed the nuts to the local pigeons. This was our most expensive meal in our week in Croatia, but definitely wasn't the best.

Visited June 2012