Peruzovic Rooms & Apartments
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewslocked gatethe ownergreat locationrestaurant tipsnational theatreshort walkroom was clean and comfortablegave us a mapold townon arrivalexplained everythingshared kitchenthe main bus stationwould stay here againa lovely staystudio apartmentfree wifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed here for three nights. I was not in the main hostel, but in a second floor room that is located in a building that’s within the walls of Diocletian’s Palace, and which seemed as though it might even be a better option than the main hostel itself, at least in terms of location. Staying within the confines of a structure that is more than 1800 years old is truly an experience. My room’s location could not have been more perfect. It was within a five to ten-minute walk from the bus station and ferry terminals. I shared a bath with individuals staying in one other room. The bath, bedroom, and furniture were very clean and in excellent condition. The reasonably spacious room looked as if it had been freshly painted. While I was there, they were also completing the finishing touches of a lobby renovation. A gentleman who works for the hostel lives next door to where I stayed, and was very courteous, helpful, and accommodating. There was a bit of noise coming from people’s voices in the very narrow street below my room, but that was easily eliminated when the windows were closed and the air conditioner was on. One reason I did not give this place a better rating was that the room was rather bland and lacking in décor (e.g., even a picture or two on the walls would have helped). Also, I was aiming for budget accomodations, so was having difficulty with the sticker shock from the prices in Split, which not long ago were much more reasonable. However, to be fair, this place’s price seemed to be in line with other comparable accomodations, and it offered good value for the money. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Cindy6179
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk from the ferry port and the directions given from Frane Peruzovic were accurate. The room is not far from the main restaurant/market strip of Split. Frane was welcoming and informative of restaurants, maps, things to do, buses etc and was happy to help in any way if needed. The double room was clean, towels and linen were provided, the shower had a good amount of hot water. There were toiletries within the bathroom also (perhaps left over from previous guests) if you are running low. The room was good value for the location.

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We arrived by car and found by chance free parking space 50m from the room. The host Frane came with us to check wheather we were legally parked and helped with our luggage. He gave us a map and additionel information about old town, supermarket, bakery, good restaurants, wifi password,... His mother offered us a refreshing drink! The service is really welcoming, they really deserved to win their "best service" award in 2012. The location is really central, everything within walking distance. The rooms are basic and little out-dated, but very clean and well-equipped (airco, tv,..).

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Wonderful option in Split. My friend and I really enjoyed our 3 night stay at the apartments. Frane, the owner, is incredibly helpful and welcoming. After showing us our room, he showed us the city map explaining all areas of interest and answering any questions we had. Frane allowed us to hangout in the courtyard after we checked out while we waited a few hours for the flight (the wifi works out there).
The apartment is in an excellent location. Everything you could want is within walking distance.

The only reason I am giving it a 4/5 is that the room was a little small and the hot water never really worked despite turning on the water heater an hour before we showered as instructed. Also, the towels are kind of tiny. Small detail but noticeable after a chilly shower :)

All in all, these are pretty minor details when staying in a hostel. Cleanliness, safety, and location are always my 3 main concerns when booking a hostel and on those accounts the Peruzovic apartments get my highest ranking.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends