“A little gem”

Palace Suites Heritage Hotel
Ranked #32 of 58 Hotels in Split
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Our one night stay in the Palace Suites in Split was an excellent choice as the location was perfect for such a short visit. We struggled to find it to begin with and parked in the public car park at the front of the Palace - exceptionally convenient as it turned out but VERY expensive! On arriving we were a little disappointed at the public rooms and hallway, but when we were shown to our room - a Luxury Suite overlooking the square - we were thrilled. Very luxuriously appointed it was a stunning room and we were touched by the beautiful basket of flowers and congratulatory message they had left in our room, acknowledging our anniversary.......a nice thoughtful touch. The staff were excellent both in their advice and service, absolutely faultless. Breakfast was nice with a very cozy feel from the small dining area. If we visit Split again we would not hesitate booking the Palace Suites again and definitely a Luxury Suite overlooking the square.

Room Tip: If driving be careful where you park. We were "stung", not understanding the language. Sig...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AliC1690

Reviewed May 28, 2013

we seldomely use such words, but this was truly a great place: very central, but still quiet, lots of character but still state of the art and brand new. Excellent breakfast ... and not to forget: VERY nice and most helpful hosts - anytime again if we make it to Split again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Elki_Pepi
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family stay at the Palace Suites was beyond all expectations. The smiley happy faces of Zeljka and Mario were full of help and very knowledgeable, from places to eat to night life. They were great in helping my family plan our stay in Split. The home made breakfast omellette was among the best ever, and I like my omellettes! my kids were grinning ear to ear as they ate. The rooms are so comfy it made a great rest. All amenities were top notch and the place was super clean. Highlights are the location... centre of town.... and the fact that there arent many steps to climb makes it great for rolling in with your luggage and not having to sweat away. Definite recommendation and will stay again on my next visit to the beautiful city of Split!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Robert384
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had an amazing experience during my stay at Palace Suites...the staff was awesome and booked tours for me which was very helpful as I was picked up at the Hotel and had nothing to worry about!! My Suite was delightful, very large with a beautiful view onto the main square. I asked for a robe and slippers as I was staying for a few days and they were immediately brought to my suite. The breakfast was the best I have had anywhere in Europe...custom omelletes were made for me and I really loved the fresh fruit salads that were made from the seasonal fruits available at the green market!!!! I highly recommend Palace Suites for anyone traveling to Split, Croatia and I will definitely be back!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms with a view are the best and look out onto the main square, with all the lively activities...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Nika R
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This hotel has beautiful rooms and is elegantly decorated. It is built within an old palace with stone still making up much of the walls with the rooms and lobby giving the hotel an historic feel. The location is in the heart of the old city and within the Roman walls. The port, the beach, and wonderful restaurants are all within a short walk. On top of the great location and beautiful rooms, the staff were also exceptional, helping us plan our days while in Croatia. Thank you so much Nives, Mario and Zeljka! I highly recommend this hotel for anyone interested in visiting Split.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank alana263
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Totally beautiful rooms, well kept, tastefully decorated. Great location in the heart of the old town and walkable to everywhere. Healthy breakfasts and generous offerings throughout the day. The nights on the Square can be humming with happy cafe goers but things wind down in the late evening. The manager, Zeljka and associate Mario were as warm and helpful as dear friends.
Just could not be any better. Oh the beds and pillows are very seductive and insure a deep sleep!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank akachan21
Reviewed May 3, 2013

What can we say, it was wonderful. We arrived in Split and as we exited the taxi after our long travel from the US we heard our name called by Anna and Mario--how they knew it was us is a mystery but we were so happy as the took our luggage and escorted us by a short walk thru the narrow streets of the Old City. When we arrived at the Palace Suites we were so happy about the location because it is situated in the square where in the past we had many good memories! Neves was at the desk and promptly and pleasantly showed us our room, which was just lovely and overlooked the square. The next morning after a great night sleep we went down for a scrumptious breakfast of truly anything you would desire-- omelette, fresh fruit, cereals, juices, cheeses, breads, wonderful, wonderful. Each day we would discuss our plans, and receive great advice as to where to go and great restaurants. They even took the time to arrange a car rental with a discount. I have to say--that too was great--if you need a car in Split go to San Diego Car Rental down by the ferries, you will be accommodated by the nicest people who came to the Palace to show us the way to the office--you can't believe such kindness. Each day we would return and tell of our experiences, by the end of our trip we were sad to leave but we know we will return to Split and the Palace Suites! A truly enjoyable experience

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple