“Good food, great wine list, very good service”
Review of Apetit Restaurant

Apetit Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 405 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gluten Free Options
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stumbled into this place by accident when it started to rain and I decided to have dinner awaiting better weather. The restaurant is located on the first floor of a historic buiding in the centre of Split.
The waiter was very friendly and eager to tell me more about the local wines. He recommended me a glass of the "Paradox" red wine, which was superb. It accompanied a first dish of Dalmatian prosciutto, and a main course of Amberjack in pancetta and olive sauce. The food was fine without being great for the price I paid.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,141)

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Our hotel recommended this restaurant so we have it a try. I really cannot recommend the restaurant based on the food we ate. Service was very good and the staff are attentive but the food was just basic. I had the frogfish which was tough (well to be fair this is a VERY firm fish) and the sauce was not very good. My wife had the amberjack which was just OK.

1  Thank Larry D
Reviewed May 23, 2013

First day in Split, so many places to choose from & not sure where to go...we accidentally stumbled on this place, saw the trip advisor rating in the window & decided to give it a shot. SO glad we did, we sat in the back under a Romanesque window with large comfy couch seating. The waiter brought out homemade bread (a lot of places say its homemade but this for sure was & It was the bomb!) Then we asked for suggestions, he recommended the biftek with homemade gnocchi to my hubby & then the turkey for me, the gnocchi was better than any I have ever had! Perfectly cooked, so was his meat. Mine was also full of flavor and very good. The tomato soup was great too. I decided to have a glass of wine after all & he brought me something local off menu which was great. Then after asking for our check, he brought us some Semifredo instead and insisted we try it-also homemade. This dessert was TO DIE FOR! SOOOO GOOD! Great waiter, great place.

We went the next day & he wasn't there:( The new waiter didn't understand our requests & didn't really recommend anything, he charged us for bread, my chicken was so dry I had to choke it down & he didn't know what wine I was referring to from the day prior.

So dissapointed, we went back the last day and had the same meal we had the 1st day. This time (yet another waiter-who was better than the 2nd for sure) we didn't get charged for the bread, he was very kind, and the food was again great. And yes, we had more Semifredo. Great place, don't pass it up, but if you get a really young waiter that doesn't understand....ask for someone who does understand ;)

Reviewed May 21, 2013

A large menu with many choices, all of which seem to better than the next. We started off with an appetizer that had fresh, local octopus, shrimp pate and bruschetta which was one of the best dishes we had on our 10 day trip. This was followed by their catch of the day which was wonderfully prepared with olive oil and garlic which was simple, but delicious. My wife had the Gnocchi Gorgonzola which was one of the best pasta dishes we've ever had period. This was the point in our trip when we started to figure out that Croatian cuisine is just as good (and frankly quite often better) than the more widely known Italian classics.

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived around 10pm the place was partially empty, and we asked ourselves whether it would be a good idea to stay. It turned out that it was. We have a delicious fresh spaghetti with ham teuffels sauce, and nuggets semifredo for desert. The decor is modern and the service is a bit slow but friendly. It's us open until late, which is always covenant when you're traveling.