“Glad we found it!”

Makrovega
Ranked #36 of 382 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We serve daily menu and menu alla carte. We have many varieties of brunchs and snacks. We have every day minimum five types of healthy (nosugaradded) cakes. We have fresh squeezed juices, healthy version of other drinks like Voelkl Guaranacola etc
Perthshire
“Glad we found it!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

After a good while searching found Macrovega my wife chose the set meal and I had Tofu wrap also had lentil soup which was good food good apart from mashed potatoes? according to my wife, lots of nice cakes but just didn't have room for them we enjoyed our meal so much we went back again today, if we weren't leaving Split tomorrow I'm sure we would be back a third time Nice for vegetarian to find something simple which is not pizza or fish.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Cork, Ireland
“Excellent value set menu”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We ate here twice for dinner. The set menu was excellent value, wholesome and filling. While the food was not particularly spiced, I didn't find it bland (a complaint voiced by some other reviewers here). The staff were also helpful in knowing whether dishes were gluten-free (I'm a coeliac) and suggesting a substitute for the portions I couldn't eat.
Unfortunately, the desserts weren't suitable for me, so I can't comment on them.
It's in a nice quiet location and nicely decorated inside.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank SW2inCork
London, United Kingdom
“Nice to find a range of vegetarian food”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We ate here a few times and it was varied. I would recommend the snacks and the meal, however some days the meals are tastier than others. We had some very bland polenta one day, but the stuffed pepper meals were delicious. However, the snacks and sandwiches were of a consistently high standard and well worth taking out for a day trip. The portions are very generous and well priced. I would recommend their cevapi roll; SO yummy. They also do their hot meal to take away which was great as our apartment was just nearby.

• Visited August 2013
Helsinki, Finland
“Sorry, can't recommend at all”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Being vegeterian for over 30 years I was so happy to find out about this restaurant. I am not fussy about my food and eat everything (except meat:). I am definitely not a gourmet addict or anything but the menu I had in this restaurant was totally poor. There was no spices, everything was bland and I believe it was micro heated. The lentil soup didn't taste anything and all the vegetable was mushy and bland. Even the cheese that had been fried was bad (how can you manage that?).

Both me and my husband left half of the food uneaten which was a shame. We were both so disappointed that we could never recommend this restaurant to anyone. It was like the chef had given up.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Iilia
Zurich, Switzerland
“Decent vegetarian / macrobiotic food”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I am no expert on this type of foods but I had a good lunch here. The food didn't taste all that freshly prepared - I have a feeling that they warm it up quite a bit during the day. It was still fine, but I felt like it could have been more fresh. The service was average, not overly friendly, but not bad either - they were not very forthcoming when I asked questions about the food. I guess they assume that only people who understand this type of food decide to eat there.

• Visited July 2013