“Decent vegetarian / macrobiotic food”
Review of Makrovega

Makrovega
Ranked #31 of 408 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Vegan specialities including Indian, Jain and kosher dishes. We serve daily menu and menu alla carte. Try one of our of healthy (no sugar) cakes. We also have fresh squeezed juices, healthy version of other drinks like Voelkl Guaranacola etc
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I am no expert on this type of foods but I had a good lunch here. The food didn't taste all that freshly prepared - I have a feeling that they warm it up quite a bit during the day. It was still fine, but I felt like it could have been more fresh. The service was average, not overly friendly, but not bad either - they were not very forthcoming when I asked questions about the food. I guess they assume that only people who understand this type of food decide to eat there.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a great vegeteran/vegan restaurant in Split offering daily menues for both options. Friendly staff, freshly cooked food, delicious.

1  Thank Tea S
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Very charming place and owner. Food was really very good, deserts excellent, not expensive at all.
Not to be missed

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

After being in Croatia for close on two weeks, my husband and I had eaten more bread, pasta, pizza and fried things we could handle. What a treat to find Makrovega in Split which served up a delicious set menu (60kn) of green soup, salad and veggie and tofu kebabs. The food was fresh, delicious and the portions huge.

There was lots to try on the menu, including fresh juices wraps, salads and vegan desserts. We will definitely go back for more.

1  Thank Mrs_pamelajane
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This made a nice break from the usual menus in restaurants around Split - interesting healthfoods and vegetarian/vegan. We had the set menu each with a soup starter, side salad,and substantial main all included. Gave plenty of interesting tastes, and for a pretty reasonable price.

This place was very tricky to find, we'd looked it up, but just decided to pop by whilst in the area, which did take a bit if wondering back and forth for a few minutes - definitely pin it down on a map before you head for it to save yourself a little time.

2  Thank miwzo