“Tasty food with a side of grumpy”
Review of Makrovega

Makrovega
Ranked #35 of 396 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We serve daily menu and menu alla carte. We have many varieties of brunchs and snacks. We have every day minimum five types of healthy (nosugaradded) cakes. We have fresh squeezed juices, healthy version of other drinks like Voelkl Guaranacola etc
“Tasty food with a side of grumpy”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

As a vegetarian I was looking forward to a meal here as I was getting sick of fried chips, vegetable pasta and cheese pizza in the lead up.

There was an extensive menu, however we were advised by the waitress that only the set menu was available. The food was simple, but tasty, well balanced and nutritious. A refreshing change to my recent meals!

I didn't mind the set menu issue, but the waitress was grumpy enough to make us feel unwelcome. We're unlikely to revisit.

Many dietary preferences are catered for on request, including vegetarian, vegan and and gluten free.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank James H

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Lack of effort, nice food”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

First of all, I visited the place about 15 minutes before closing time. The waitress (who is also a cook?) was very polite and insisted the working hours weren't that important and that noone will push us out before we want to leave. But, then came the trade off. We were obligated to choose only between Vege and Makro daily menu. No valid explaination why we couldn't order anything they usually serve (waitress told us it was beacause of the kitchen closing???) They cost around 9 euros each. Makro being a bit expensive, including tofu instead of cheese found in the Vege menu. The thing that bothered me the most was the unpleasent smell of vinegar which was spilled on the table and when I tried to use the bottle, it was coming out of everywhere. The restaurant itself is a bit hard to find and it all seems underground. The location together with the enterier. Well, probably, the most important of all was the food and it was nice. The menus were interesting and tasty, with very nice mayo and sauce. Grilled tofu, soup, salad (too dry) were also nice and amount of food was adequate. To conclude, you can eat interesting and nice food in this restaurant, but the location, enterier, hygene level show undoubtable lack of effort, which is why you shouldn't expect much from this place, even as a vegan, grateful to find something suitable.

• Visited August 2012
“Delicious”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Nice and familar restaurant. Good service. Delicous food. Air condition. Also glutenfree food. 2 menues offered every day.

Morges
“Nice concept, but incomplete execution”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The overall experience was disappointing. Unpleasant service, cold food, warm tap water (much warmer than anywhere else). Rather pick a vegetarian meal in a normal restaurant in Split since there isn't a good vegetarian restaurant but lots of excellent normal restaurants serving e.g. grilled vegetables
The place is really hard to find as well.

• Visited July 2012
Toronto, Ontario
“Delicious!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Makrovega is a great place to eat especially if you are a vegan or vegetarian, which I am. I had been traveling around the Adriatic for about two weeks and eating lots of pasta with tomato sauce and marinara pizza before arriving in Split. So when I had a meal at Makrovega I was very excited and they didn't disappoint. Their three course meal was delicious and their desserts were divine. Their apple strudel and their pistachio filled baklava were equally yummy! In the morning, they offer vegan crepes filled with chocolate, jam or a nut mixture. Before leaving for Hvar, I bought a couple of mushroom filled sandwiches with me for lunch. Sigh!

The restaurant is a bit tricky to find but the effort put towards looking for it is worth it. I loved eating there! Highly recommend.

• Visited July 2012