“Very Nice Croatian Seafood + Great Service”
Review of Trattoria Bajamont

Trattoria Bajamont
Ranked #55 of 401 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The staff at the Trattoria Bajamote were excellent - very friendly, multi-lingual and jolly - they made dinning a pleasure.

I went for a scampi and prawn risotto. It was served with two scampi and lots of prawns - very tasty.

My wife went for stuffed squid - not something I like but my wife enjoyed it greatly.

One of our best meals in Croatia. Split is expensive and touristy so it was nice finding a restaurant which didn't try and gouge you for every dollar!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We went here as it was the top choice by lonely planet. Not sure why. I really don't think we expected too much but the food was quite plain. I know they're going for a home style regular cooking feel, and it was, but it certainly was not overly impressive. I wouldn't say don't go, I might just look for another option if you have limited time in Split.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The service in this wonderful restaurant is so sweet. It is obviously family run by the women of the family and friends. We sat in the kitchen side which is the smaller part of the restaurant.

My partner had the seafood spaghetti and I had the barley and leek soup was fantastic. The people next to us had lamb and I had serious menu envy which is saying something as an Aussie

We had Dingac red wine. A local variety and if you like cab sav you will love this.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Definitely recommended!!! The stuffed calamari with red wine sauce was just amazing!!! Good location in the old town and nice service.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We went there once (visiting Spalato for one weekend) and tried black mussels (cozze) & stuffed calamari (with rise&calamari tetacles cooked in wine) in sauce and polenta & chocolate cake. Everything is really really yummy especially calamari!! If you like them you have to try!
Atmosphere was really simple, I think it was particular evening as there were two very simple girls working..it seemed they were serving their friends :) very simple and talkative...the day after when we passed there we saw let's call them 'professional' waiters but we actually liked the 'feel like home' attitude :P :) Try also chocolate cake - it was really really good!