“Favorite place we stayed”
Review of Apartments Gajeta

Apartments Gajeta
Ranked #24 of 58 Hotels in Split
Reviewed June 6, 2013

A friend and I stayed in one of the one-bedroom apartments last week in Split. We were only the 8th reservation in the apartment since it had been refurbished and it was very nice! The bed was comfortable, the wifi was great, the kitchen had everything we needed for our short stay and the location couldn't be beat. Everyone was very helpful in restaurant suggestions, ferry bookings and carrying our luggage. They booked us transportation from the airport which made arriving in Croatia so easy. The bathroom was the biggest we had in our Europe vacation and the shower the best! I would definitely recommend to anyone!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank unc2003

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Extremely helpful person at checkin. Location is excellent, close to restaurants, harbour, palace. Apartment had very well equipped kitchen including dishwasher. Beds were comfy, only negative was in 2 bedroom apartment. 2 couples were sharing and there was only an ensuite bathroom and toilet. This meant that one couple needed to climb a narrow spiral staircase upstairs if they needed to use the bathroom- bit tricky in middle of night. There was an extra single bed with the double near the bathroom tho.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

On the night I checked out the card payment machine at the office was not working. I was asked if I could return in an hour. On my return I was asked if I could pay in cash. Unfortunately I have a withdrawal limit on my card . When I explained this I was asked if I could return later in the night to give them time to fix the machine. It was my wife's birthday so this was quite an inconvenience. Again the machine still didn't work so we had to wait for the manager to turn up. This time I was walked round to his friends business to use their card machine. The payment did not go through so I had to sit there till nearly 11:30 at night. I eventually arranged for the manager to collect the remaining money from us before we left the following morning. Giving me time to withdraw the rest from a cash machine the next day. At 7am I was confronted by the lady who lives next door. She asked for the money, I explained I had taken £5 off because I had been charged to withdraw the money, she asked why that was her fault and why should she be out of pocket. This led to a very uncomfortable confrontation with her suggesting Londoners are crooks. This was a very unpleasant experience, not how I imagined my holiday to end.

It was my wifes birthday that night

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ea6igo
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed in the 5 person apartment for 2 nights and had the best time. The apartment was spacious, clean and had all we needed. The location was great, a short walk from the sea, main shops and restaurants, plus it has the best bar and Italian restaurant located a few doors down. If you are looking for a great apartment that is good value and in a great location then this is for you. Honestly am struggling to come up with any fault!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Good points:
Location is very central. Just off the main street which is down by the harbour. It is also right beside the best restaurants in Split, according to trip advisor.

The staff are really helpful. Dragan emailed us info and help before we arrived and Jerko was very helpful with printing off ferry and bus timetables. He was also very friendly.
We were also allowed an early check in which was great.

Bad points:
Lack of hot water for showers. Lasted about 15 mins. Not enough for two people.
Dirty bathroom floor with creepy crawlies.
The shower hose was not attached to the wall so you have to hold the shower head to have a shower. Bit poor. All that's needed is a bracket holder. There were hairs in the sink hole of the shower as well.

So overall for the money its good for the location but could have been cleaned better.

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank Silvermouse82
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I loved staying in these apartments. Stayed in a larger one the first night with friends and then a smaller one the second night solo. They were both safe, well-sized, clean, and well stocked-- even nuts and fruit upon my arrival. Location was great and the staff friendly & helpful- communicated prior via email, arranged airport pick up and had good recommendations for sight seeing. Great value!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed in split on the way to and from Dubrovnik so we had two nights in split in two different apartments that Gajeta offer. Both were clean modern and close to everything we wanted to see. About a ten min walk from the train/bus station. Dragon communicated with us via email and was waiting for us when we arrived. Smooth and enjoyable stay in split.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends