“Great Service”
Review of Apartments Gajeta

Apartments Gajeta
Ranked #21 of 56 Hotels in Split
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I loved staying at Apartments Gajeta. The location was wonderful and the apartment was clean, spacious, and nicely equipped. We were well taken care of both before and during our stay. Jerko responded to my every request and made sure I had booked the apartment that would best suit our needs. As others have mentioned, we received detailed e-mail instructions just before our arrival. Jerko also gave us travel advice and printed out bus schedules. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Friendly hosts, very service minded. Stayed in the top flat which was clean and well equipped, however small and not ideal for more than two persons. Surroundings can be noisy during the night but not more than you would expect in an old town with narrow streets. Very centrally located close to harbour and Roman quartier, ideal for exploring the charming old town of Split.

Room Tip: In the top flat beware of noise from outdoor A/C unit. Contact the host if it is a problem.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Eagle_dk
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I can not speak highly enough of this apartment and it's owner, from arriving or should I say getting lost and bring rescued to the apartment and amenities itself, amazing. It's our first trip to Europe and this apartment and it's owner will certainly be on my list of will come back to! Fab spot and will most defiantly visit again if not just for the hospitality.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I've stayed in a lot of hotels/hostels/apartments across Europe but I must say Apartment Gajeta is one of the best places I've ever stayed in. We rented a 1-bedroom apartment in Krizeva St and it was extremely spacious, comfortable, clean and well-furnished. The internet was also very fast and stable. Location-wise, it was 5 minutes walking distance to the Diocletian's palace and there was a supermarket, pharmacy, laundry and fast food places nearby so it was a very convenient location. Jerko, who runs the Gajeta agency, was extremely helpful and was one of the most amazing hosts I've ever met. He emailed us the directions to the hostel, waited for our arrival at the office even though it was a public holiday and answered all our questions about internet/where to go/buses/laundry etc. I fell sick during this trip and wanted to see a doctor and he was very helpful - he drove me to the hospital, sent me a message when he didn't hear from me and picked me up from the hospital to send me home. I don't think I've ever met someone so nice and helpful before so I would say, stay at Apartment Gajeta because not only is the place great but the hosts are even more wonderful and will make your stay extremely comfortable and enjoyable!

Room Tip: one-bedroom apartment at krizeva st is comfortable even for 3 people!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jenjenjen23
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We're so happy here in Gajeta Apartments in Split. Our host, Jerks (I think that's it) is wonderful. We arrived after hours, and he met us and helped us settle. He even went with my father all the way down to where we were parked on the sea to drive with him to find better parking for a cheaper price.

The apartment is spacious with completely modern facilities, tons of room to spread out, fast internet, and a quiet, central location. Some reviewers have said it's a bit out of town, but this isn't true. You can walk straight down into the Diocletian palace in less than ten minutes, and it's much quieter up here.

Great value for the money and an excellent host.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank andreaholck
Reviewed January 6, 2012

On arrival in Split town we walked to the main office which was easy enough to find, as our contact Jerko had e-mailed us detailed directions. We had a small one bed apartment which was slightly outside of the town centre (I don’t know if all the apartments are in a similar location) but we were able to walk everywhere easily, despite the heat. There is a small supermarket nearby for buying groceries and I would recommend the fruit and veg market in the centre of town. The apartment is nearer the fish market end of town but ten minutes walking will take you to the Diocletian’s Palace and a further 5-10 minutes will take you to the end of the Riva, so there are plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance. The apartment suited our needs well and was excellent value for money. Jerko was extremely helpful, check-in and out was quick and we were able to leave our bags in the office until we caught the ferry later that evening.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Staff very friendly and helpful. There was one flight of stairs but we were able to leave our main luggage in the real estate agent's office and so avoid having to take our luggage up stairs. The location was about 15 minute walk from the ferry wharf and near the fish markets. Parking is expensive but accessible. When we got lost and called the agent they came and found us and directed us to the apartment.
The room was clean, tidy and spacious.

Room Tip: try for the first floor
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple