TripAdvisor

from $35.14
More Info
from $39.68
More Info
All reviews speaks perfect english personal insight command of the english language mestrovic gallery old town explore split excellent tour split history beautiful split walking tour of split great knowledge come alive hour tour cruise ship few hours diocletian's palace split croatia
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a great tour with Zeljan. We were a family of 7 including my soon-to-be 90 year old mother-in-law. Zeljan was informative, insightful and very accommodating. Having read the reviews we were slightly disappointed when we were informed Jelena wasn't going to be our tour guide. That disappointment quickly faded as Zeljan proved to be an excellent host. I highly recommend The Best of Split Private Tour.

Date of experience: September 2019
JelenaVrancic, Owner at Jelena Vrancic Private Tourist Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback and for supporting local, licensed guides.

It is our goal to give the best of service and introduce our visitors to the history and cultural heritage of Split and the region in general.

Thanks again.

My very best,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Jelena is enthusiastic, friendly and so informed. She goes out of her way to make the tours more fun & personal! Her knowledge of the city stems from great passion.... the tour is a must do! A beautiful way to explore split !

Dear Sonia,

what a special treat it was to have you and your husband on my tour.

It was not a hard job showing my city to two well-travelled people who are so enthusiastic to learn about a new place they are visiting.

It makes me really happy that the tour was to your liking.

Thank you for all your kindness!

Best,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

It is not unusual to find a knowledgeable tour guide. it is extraordinary to find one who makes the traditions come alive. Jelena is one such guide. She took us to indeed the iconic places but when we advanced to Sinj, Jelena opened the door to the character of Croatia by teaching us the rich history and cultural traditions of the people of that historic town. Yes we saw marvels and monuments of the Dioclecial Palace and surrounding area, but what remains with me is the glimpse of Croatian life in Sinj. My admiration for the Croatians increased as a result of that privilege Jelena provided. Could not ask for more. And, if you are nice, you could get a locally sourced dark chocolate bar made with olive oil. If you are naughty it may be a locally sourced grappa for you. Some get both.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you so much dear Stephen for this lovely review.

It was an absolute joy to have four of you on my tour, especially because I had an opportunity to show you Sinj and its magnificent game Alka.

I am happy you are taking home some nice memories of my country.

Best wishes to all of you!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Jelena is a friendly, fun, professional tour guide, and a pleasure to spend a morning with seeing all the Split has to offer. She is very knowledgeable, but also interested in understanding what her guests are most interested in. I highly recommend her for both her experience, and personal style and warmth.

Dear Jeff,

thank you for such kind words.

It was so nice to meet you and your wife and show you around Split.

I am glad you enjoyed my tour.

All the best,

Reviewed September 17, 2019

My family of 5 (3 adult children) traveled for 8 days in Croatia. Jelena helped me put together the most incredible itinerary. I must have sent 20 emails back and forth during the planning process and Jelena responded so quickly and kindly. She is a master at getting the details just right and went above and beyond with late changes to accommodate my husband's injury. We spent 2 1/2 days in Dubrovnik where we went on a city tour, sea kayaked, walked the city wall and visited the market, and went to the beach. We then took a boat to HVAR (highly recommend!) where we stayed for 2 days. Jelena set up the most amazing day tour of the island which originally started as a bike tour (husband couldn't do it with injury - we'll have to go back to do it by bike!) and a private boat tour the second day. Loved our time there! The last four days were spent in Split where we finally met Jelena. She is so fun, bubbly, knowledgeable, kind and accommodating. She felt like part of the family. Her communication throughout both during the planning and during our stay in Croatia is fantastic. In Split, we did the day walking tour of Split and Trogir with Jelena one day and the Krka Natioanal Park & Sibenik another day. Jelena planned the 3rd day on the Centina River rafting and zip lining (had to cancel because of husband's injury) but we will definitely do that if we are lucky enough to go back. Instead, we went to the beach which was really fun. If you are lucky enough to be going to Croatia, I'd certainly recommend that you hire Jelena!!

Date of experience: October 2018

Dear Sue,

thank you for your time to write such a lovely review.

I am happy that you loved the itinerary I put together for you and your family.

It is also nice to hear that you enjoyed the time you spent with me as your tour guide.

Greetings from Split to you all!