“Unprofessional and poor customer service!”

Split Inn Apartments
Ranked #11 of 484 Specialty Lodging in Split
Sydney, Australia
“Unprofessional and poor customer service!”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Stayed here for 1 night. Arrived early and of course I didn’t expect to be able to check in at 10am but the owner and the girl at reception were quite unfriendly to the point of being rude by saying absolutely no check in till 2pm. They did not make any attempt at all to check whether the cleaners are finished at the apartment and also refused to ask the cleaners to clean my apartment first considering I was the only one waiting to check in and most of the apartments were vacant and ready to be cleaned.

And to top it all, the day after I checked out I received a rather unpleasant email saying that since I failed to arrive and check in as per my original booking they will be charging my credit card with a cancellation fee equivalent to the daily rate. This is of course after I stayed one night, payed in cash on checkout and have a receipt to prove it! What the hell?? This was a very unprofessional way to do business and I certainly will not be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank RachSydney2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Singapore
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I believe they have a number of different apartments so expect everyone will have a slightly different experience depending on which one they end up with. We are a family of 4 (2 kids aged 7 and 9) so booked a 2 bedroom apartment which turned out to be just around the corner from the internet cafe where you check in.

the location of the apartment was perfect! on the doorstep of the old part of town with shops, supermarket, cafes etc all a stones throw away but quiet enough to get a good nights sleep.

staff were also really helpful suggesting some good restaurants, advising on the ferry timetable etc. Also, my husband was feeling unwell that day and we wanted to find a Dr. The girl who checked us in showed us on the map where we could go and also made sure to mention it to Dean, the owner, when he came into the office. Dean immediately came to the apartment and offered to drive us to a Dr which was very considerate.

the apartment itself was clean and fine for the couple of nights we stayed there but it was somewhat dated and was situated on about 4 different floors so a bit odd and awkward to get around. That said, our kids loved the attic room they had, the bathroom was massive and there was a washing machine which was helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank restlessjen
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We arrived in Split early morning after an overnight ferry from Ancona, and upon contacting Apartment Manager Dean, he met us at his office around the corner from the apartment and took care of our bags while the apartment was vacated and cleaned.

When we came back to his office a few hours later, he had already taken our bagt to the apartment - great service.

Dean gave us some fantastic advice about what to do,where to go,where to eat and drink in and around Split. His recommendation to visit the bar at the top of the hill (the name escapes me at the moment) then his "local restaurant" Maryjan were spot on for local drinks and Dalmatian fare.

The apartment is very modern and comfortable - huge bed, beautiful bathroom and a wonderful kitchennette if you want to eat in - although with so many cheap and amazing restaurants i dont know why you would eat in ! Minor, minor issue, was the fact the wi-fi internet did not work in the room, you had to sit on the verandah outside which in sunny Split was a minor minor inconvenience.

Split is a sensational place and Dean made sure we were able to experience the best of it all.

Apartment is just far enough away from the Riva (f ive minutes max) to almost be in suburbia and is really quiet and peaceful.

I WILL stay here again.......one day !!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed June 2, 2011

The room was an adequate size for two of us and we did spend quite a bit of time in there as it rained on both the days we were in Split! The bed was very comfortable and facilities were good and clean. The staff recommended some good restaurants for all budgets, we visited the cheaper one and it lived up to expectations. The free wifi was also very useful. Overall, a positive experience.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Stayed at Split Inn Apartments for 4 nights last week and must say it was superb. It was my first visit to Croatia and I am already wanting to go back! Dean (pronounced Dee-Ann) MacLean (yes, he has Scottish ancestors) was most helpful, friendly and welcoming. He recommended trips, restaurants and general advise on transport, etc and was always available in the mornings if you had any queries. The apartment was located in the centre of Veli Varos which was great as it was secluded enough to be away from the bustle of the Riva yet a few minutes from it on foot – best of both worlds. Split city is vibrant, chaotic, wonderful and the sun shone the whole time I was there – such a treat after a winter in Scotland. I would definitely recommend this place to stay for the service and location alone – I shall be back with my partner next time, can’t wait.

Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank BogsideBunny
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 9, 2010

I stayed here with my boyfriend and we were both very pleased with the room. It was more stylish than any other place we stayed in Croatia (we also went to Dubrovnik, Korcula and Mjet). It was of course clean and comfortable as well! The best part was how nice and helpful the owner was. He gave us maps of the city, tips of what we should do, restaurant recommendations -- the works. He also was kind enough to offer to let us play with his puppy and tell us about the history of the city. This was our best hotel experience in Croatia by far. I think the owner of Split Inn also owns other places as well. I would definitely stay there again if I go back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bstein87
IRELAND
Reviewed September 24, 2010

We arrived in Split on a ferry from Italy & were met by the owner (Dean, as mentioned in previous reviews). He recommended many restaurants, sights etc & was extremely helpful & friendly. The apartments themselves are located off a small side street within a maze of alleyways about 2mins walk from the main seafront promenade or 'Riva'.
We had booked a studio apartment which was large with modern decor, stone walls features, large comfortable double bed, adjoining kitchen, bathroom & a sofa facing a flat screen tv which had lots of english speaking tv channels. Everything you could possibly want under one roof & at a fanstastic price!
After settling in we climbed up a lot of steps (just beside the apartment) to get to a bar with the best view of Split (recommended by the owner). Well worth the effort as we sat back drinking a few beers. We stayed in Spit for two days & both mornings we had breakfast at a local smoothie bar. Personally, I really liked Split & would have liked at least another day there to see a bit more of the place. But we had already made our travel plans & were on the way to Dubrovnik. Speaking of Dubrovnik, we visited a place called Trodgir, about 30 mins by bus or boat from Split, which is known as the mini-Dubrovnik.
In summary, if you are thinking of visiting Split & want to stay somewhere close to the main promenade I would highly recommend the Split Inn Apartments.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends