“Simply great!”

Cuisines: Croatian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Simple, yet amazingly tasty food. The service was great as well. My partner and I had the waiter's suggestion of dish and were not disappointed in the slightest. Pretty good value as well, two mains with wine for 200 kuna. I'm thinking about visiting tomorrow night!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Visited the restaurant in August. Very popular also by locals. You've better make reservations. The owner Zdravko Banovic previously tourist boss in Split, is very often present in the restaurant.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I don't usually write TA reviews unless the place far exceeds my expectations. This place wav near our hotel so we went out of convenience. The place has a very cute atmosphere, good for a casual to nice dinner.

I got the seafood rissotto, and my wife the baked lasagna. For appetizer, I got the clear beef soup with tortolini. All of the food was out of this world good and affordable. I was looking for a good seafood rissotto throughout Croatia, and by far this place knocked it out of the park. Awesome and funny waiter too. We were the only tourists there. Do yourself a favor and come here while in split.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Awesome place to eat with great food and service. Excellent value, 250 kuna for a full meal for two with wine. Definitely worth a visit.

And did i mention the fish broth? Wow!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We dined here at Restaurant Sperum based on the generally decent reviews on Trip Advisor. There are some tables along the street outside the restaurant but as we had not booked we dined inside which was somewhat cramped and stuffy on a warm evening.

The service from the waiters was courteous and friendly and our shared entrée of Dalmacian Ham with cheese and bread arrived promptly after being ordered. Our two main meals were a Shrimp Risotto and Spaghetti Neopolitana together with a salad. While my risotto was tasty and piquant, my partner commented that his spaghetti tasted as though some sugar had been added to the sauce which was not needed.

In summary, although we enjoyed our meals there were some negative aspects which detracted from our overall dining experience here.