“A traditional Dalmatian tavern”
Review of Konoba Fetivi

Konoba Fetivi
Ranked #63 of 503 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Croatian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our small family restaurant is run by Father & Chef, preparing dishes that are passed on by his mother and grandmother. Our family lives in this neigborhood for more than 300 years. Blessed by the heavenly Adriatic, seafood is mainly our thing. As we depend on the weather working with fish, daily menu is flexible. Vegetables are bought on the bazaar behind the palace & the fish-market is 100m away. Even our wine & olive oil is made by local family producers. Enjoy traditional Dalmatian dishes in friendly atmosphere.. Welcome foodies!
Reviewed January 27, 2014

About this tavern we heard some excellent feedback from our friends and we decided to check. We were not disappointed, everything was very good, appetizer, entree, dessert, maybe a little atmosphere preopuštena for us from the central Croatian but we have to accept as authentic.

Date of visit: January 2014
1  Thank Rudolph B
Write a reviewReviews (1,727)

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I was recommended by hotel staff to come and take dinner here and
according to the advice of restaurant staff, I took grilled scampi as main course of my dinner.
They were simply grilled scampi but very much tasty !
I talked with other tourists there who admired the taste and told me to have come there repeatedly.
I also repeated to eat there.

Date of visit: May 2013
1  Thank Mitsuru
Reviewed December 15, 2013

With high expectations fuelled by the excellent reviews, we arrived in this tiny place for lunch. The waiter was certainly friendly, the ambience was certainly good, but I did comment and was assured it was fresh - it wasn't.

I can only think that we must have timed it wrongly. So go in season, not Sunday or Monday, or just after a public holiday. Next time I'm back I'll take my advice and try again.

2  Thank hilarymunro
piple, Owner at Konoba Fetivi, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Greetings traveler!
First, let me wish happy holidays for all that are celebrating, in the name of the whole restaurant & our family! It makes us feel really bad reading a comment like this and despite we cannot remember serving you, we are sorry that you had an unpleasant experience.
We wonder how can you be so assured something was not fresh, as it may be just prepared differently than you are used to. Please let us know what (?) exactly did you order, that made you wonder it's freshness, and give us such a poor grade.
Considering you complete experience, total grade does not match your combined average.
Further, let me assure you that any given day in our small restaurant is the same, considering freshness of ingredients.
We have 4 tables in the winter, 7 in summer and we work the whole year, welcoming mostly foreign people in the tourist season and mainly locals during winter. So let me warn you off all the places that open only for summer, and do not serve local people during winter, as anywhere you go round the world, the best sign to a good restaurant are the local guests. Cheers ;)

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Great restaurant! The chef and the waiter were very friendly. They have fresh fish and nice deserts.

You should make reservation!!!

1  Thank Ana I
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were looking for a great fish dinner on Thanksgiving ... off-season in Split and other Croatian towns. Fish quality in some other restaurants suffered at this time of year, but not at this place. Fish was perfectly fresh. We got a couple of apps, and then just asked for a platter of mixed grilled fish for 3. Impeccable. The best Thanksgiving meal we've ever had. Stick with smaller restaurants if travelling in Croatia in the off-season.

2  Thank bbcp