“Pure dalmatian cuisine as it should be!”
Review of Konoba Fetivi

Konoba Fetivi
Ranked #15 of 396 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Croatian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our small family restaurant is run by Father & Chef, preparing dishes that are passed on by his mother and grandmother. Our family lives in this neigborhood for more than 300 years. Blessed by the heavenly Adriatic, seafood is mainly our thing. As we depend on the weather working with fish, daily menu is flexible. Vegetables are bought on the bazaar behind the palace & the fish-market is 100m away. Even our wine & olive oil is made by local family producers. Enjoy traditional Dalmatian dishes in friendly atmosphere.. Welcome foodies!
Zagreb, Croatia
“Pure dalmatian cuisine as it should be!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I come to Split on business every month and I eat here every time cause it is fresh, casual and best value for money. But today, oh gosh, my lunch was pure perfection! I had lamb cooked 'leso' style with tomato salsa and boiled potatos. I am sure I will eat this whenever it is on the menu! The service is the best in Split and you actually feel very welcome. I encourage all tourists seeking for pure dalmatian cuisine in a layback family atmosphere to come here!

• Visited October 2013

• Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Book in advance. It's well worth it!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

It's tough to get into this restaurant. It's as popular with the locals as it is with tourists and there are very few tables.
Before the meal the waiter brought the uncooked fish to our table and explained what each was. We had the seafood platter for two. It was excellent. The salad that accompanied it was good too.
Oh! And the fish soup and the cream of shrimp soup were both delicious. The wine was great .. from a small local vineyard.

“Everything is Nice”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

True to the waiters' words everything is nice....very very tasty!!!! It was very hard to get a table as it was always booked with limited number of tables available but worth pursuing. If you love seafood this is the place to go. The fried shrimp is to dye for and the fish is soooo fresh and tasty. Salad is fresh too. You got also try the fish which must have been made with all fish caucuses stew over hours. Yummy

Oslo, Norway
“Brilliant food and a place with personality”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Konoba Matejuska is located close to the harbor and is a place I recommend. This was the best lunch in Croatia served with attitude one can only have when you know what you 're doing. Well delivered!

There are 3-4 tables outside, and 4-5 tables inside . If the weather is nice, I recommend to reserve a table outside, but if it blows I recommend tables inside . Inside is also the best local atmosphere. The are loads of stuff on the walls that highlights the personal touch. Here you eat well and are been taken care of, but in the own paste. Relax.

This is a traditional restaurant with Croatian dishes. Unfortunately, all too many restaurants have exactly the same menu in Croatia and you are pretty bored the same dishes for a week on a sailing boat like us.

BUT the big difference here is that its served in a better way than most competitors. I also found a stronger soul and more real personality here.

I take a chance and order a glass of the «house» red wine to the food. At other restaurants I have been very bad wine, but here it’s good. It’s dry and fruity with good aftertaste. The size on the glass is also sympathetic and one glass for lunch is enough.

The bread served before the food arrives its ok. I order the pork with grilled vegetables.
The tables next to me got shown a plate of their fish selection. I didn’t try it this time, but it look delicious.

The meat is perfect and tastes brilliant . The vegetables are delicious to the meat along with the traditional red sauce with each serving. A perfect lunch.

«The Internet is included with a drink or food»; it says on a white sign with red lettering. BUT the waiter explains that the restaurant don’t have internet. (...)

There are four Americans at the next table. The main waitress falls in love with them and delivering a service of rare good sort. This is perceived as a «selective charm».
He therefore has no time to provide the same service to me. He gives everything at this table and that takes my welcoming down a bit. But I live.

But since the barman arranges all in a stylish way; it is quite ok. If I have to be very strict, its only the service that pulls down slightly . Otherwise, everything are nicely looked after including the toilets. Go safe here and enjoy.

After the meal they serve an Americano - the absolute best coffee in a week.
Thank you. Last but not least, it cost less then 100 kony.

2 Thank localPatronOslo
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We came here on our third night in Split as it had been recommended by our hotel and is number two on TripAdvisor. Make sure to book to guarantee getting a table as it is very popular. The waiter showed us all the fish that was available for that night. We decided on a prawn starter to share and the fish platter to share along with a glass of wine. The prawns were really tasty and the fish platter was amazing. It came with some vegetables and we ordered some chips on the side. Really great service and good food.