“Great little Mexican”
Review of To Je Tako

To Je Tako
Ranked #22 of 493 Restaurants in Split
Description: Authentic Mexican and Latin American cuisine paired with Croatian Craft beer & cocktails. Fresh ingredients all around!
Reviewed February 22, 2019 via mobile

Love this restaurant and its one of the rare Mexican places in town - definitely a must try. I will be back for sure

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed December 2, 2018

Went here twice on our visit to split and we'd definitely come back. Although it was hard to find at first a local quick helped us out. The food was amazing, the staff were good and the price was too cheap if anything. There is only 5/6 tables inside so i recommend booking a table but you can sit on some steps outside and wait 5/10 minutes as the turn around is fairly quick. This p;ace is a hidden gem.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed November 21, 2018 via mobile

This has been my favorite restaurant in Split since its opening in 2016- shame on me for waiting so long to write this review! Amidst Split's culinary scene which is teeming with redundant offerings of pasta, pizza, fish and ćevapi, To Je Tako is a beacon of flavor and culinary imagination for your palate! They often add new dishes to their menu and I am always excited to try them, but I always come back to my all-time favorite- the Tex Mex nachos. Wow. What a winning combination of flavors and textures! In addition to the outstanding food, the staff and owners are friendly, helpful, and make your Tako experience even better while dining. The ambience of the restaurant itself is lovely, situated in the ancient stone walls of Diocletian's Palace, boasting festive yet tasteful decor and colorful accents which are noticeably a nod to Latin America. The one and only thing I might change about the place is the size, as there are often long waiting times during the summer... but this is just testament to the greatness of their dishes and their atmosphere. People wait because they know it'll be worth it, and the small(ish) space is certainly part of the charm of the restaurant and its service. And if you don't want to wait, THEY DELIVER! Let me say again that I adore my little Mexican restaurant in Split and it has made my life here happier :)

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 9, 2018

Really can't recommend this place enough. Me and my wife pre-booked a table (otherwise you will need to queue as it always seems busy at peak times) and it was by far the best Mexican food we'd ever had. I had a really spicy but flavourful pork dish and my wife had vegetarian taquitos. Great service and amazing local craft beers. I'd eat here constantly if I could and if I ever come back to Split I'll be back in a flash!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed November 8, 2018

After spending the day out on the islands boat trip, we found this place through it's excellent reviews on T.A. We arrived early evening but were told we would have to wait as the place was already full. We waited for about 1 hour and were thankful that we were allowed to but a few drinks as we waited. It's tucked away in an alleyway so could easily be missed although it's right near a Split land mark which is the Spinx.The food was high quality and the service was great too. We got chatting to the waiter who was Italian and into football so that was interesting for us. He was really good to chat to. Happy to go back or to recommend to others and deserves it's high ranking on Trip Advisor.

Date of visit: August 2018