“Not the Louvre, But Worth an Hour”
Review of Kharkov Art Museum

Kharkov Art Museum
Ranked #19 of 220 things to do in Kharkiv
Concord, New Hampshire
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Not the Louvre, But Worth an Hour”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I spent a day touring around Kharkov during a trip to Ukraine to visit family. I was not expecting much from the Kharkov Art Museum and was not dissapointed. I was pleasantly surprised by the art on display - none of which was by any artist I had even heard of before. There were some nice scenes of Ukrainian folk life, and portraits of the locals from a couple hundred years ago. There is one local artist of some distinction - Illya Repin. His works were what I was most interested in seeing. However, either that day, or just during the time I was visiting, his gallary was closed. So, you want want to check ahead (if possible) if you are going primarily to see the Repin gallery. Otherwise, set low expectations and you should not be disappointed!

Visited April 2011