“Comfortable”
Review of Friends And Beer

Friends And Beer
Ranked #173 of 1,453 Restaurants in Odessa
Description: In the heart Odessa, styled to fit the mood of South Palmira, Friends&Beer Restaurant is the most happening spot which offers unique food and drinks. This is a place where real beer food is perfectly combined with great beer selection. It is also perfect for simply meeting your friends for a pint.
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I had read so much about Friends and Beer, it was one of the first places I tried to find last year when I was out and about.

I found the place to be a bit hard to find, but was able to find it in the end. It's one of the many places in Ukraine (in particular, Odessa), where you go down stairs to get in to the place (as some people have said, think Cheers).

As soon as you step in, you feel quite comfortable, it's a realy cozy place. The menu wasn't in English, and there weren't any pictures to see what the dishes were (I don't know if it's the same now, the website does have an English version of the menu on it now), but the staff were quite helpful. I had got use to some of the language, so I was able to read a bit, but still needed help, and the waitress I had was a gem, she was very helpful.

Service was quite quick, and quite cheep, I think it came out to just over 10 Euro for a pizza, beer, orange juice and coke. The staff were really helpful and kind with everything, this waitress I had was very polite, and when she saw I was reading a travel guide book, she was asking me about what I've seen in Odessa and Ukraine, and was giving me some tips on places to see.

If you are in Odessa, I would advise you pay it a visit, either for a meal or a drink, I do hope the menu is now available in English, I know you should try get to know the local language, but for some of us, reading Cyrillic is quite hard!

1  Thank David T

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Reminds me a bit of the TV show Cheers, due to the staircase down into the bar. Very friendly place, very cozy and well done. Low priced menu with outdoor seating also available, just off the main street in the center so it is less busy outside.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

I liked the atmosphere in this basement bar. The menu and beer selection are impressive. I only dined on verenyky, but I was definitely satisfied. I found the service polite and attentive, not always a given in this town's drinking establishments. The free wifi is also a bonus. I say stop in for a beer when you are in the neighborhood...and if you are visiting Odessa, you will certainly be in this neighborhood!

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Great place to watch football together with friends. Used to go here since Friends and Beer has opened!

Reviewed January 3, 2012

A lovely little bar/restaurant located just off the main street in Odessa. The bar is underground and decorated in a quirky fashion-loved it. Unusually for Odessa, this bar has bags of character and charm. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the prices very reasonable. Would highly recommend.