“dirty”

Black Sea Risheliyevskaya
Ranked #53 of 87 Hotels in Odessa
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Very old style and dirty hotel. İ belive there are much nicer hotels than this offering same price range . Dont stay here

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank buraktuzel

Reviewed July 10, 2011

Everything about this hotel is lousy. The receptionist was crabby, the food was lousy, the security men were out to con you....The rooms were filthy, the carpets were moldy and the rooms smelled of insect killer. The mattress on the bed was very thin, and we were given only a thin bedsheet that could not even be wrapped around the mattress. The bathrooms were so tiny. Horrible horrible place!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Victoria1223_11
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Location: near train station. very good located, i walked to all atractions.
Lobby: old, carpets that need to be replaced YEARS ago...
Rooms: Very old, cracks, rust, VERY old and dirty carpets!
Shower: NOT CLEAN, lot of hair arround (i didnt try to find them, so many (and long) hair all arroung the bathroom. VERY small shower corner with anoying curtain that stick you while shower...uuuu
Breakfast: Very good breakfast (i'm Vegetarian and had enough selection). the only bad thing about it was bread which in all 3 breakfasts i had were 2 kind of cheapest NOT FRESH bread (5-7 days old at least!).
Service: The hotel has GYM but it extra charge! They charge for keeping the laguage after check out. Stuff don't know much about places (only one of the girls). The hotel has sweeming pool but never used it.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Orenb10
Reviewed August 25, 2010

This hotel was fine: very convenient for the train station after an overnight journey from Kiev, and good in that they allowed us to check in early [the train arrives at 6.30 in the morning].

Our room was clean, and comfortable, with a balcony overlooking a spectacular nearby church. Breakfast was good, if a little expensive. The staff at the front desk could have been a bit less po-faced though, and the swimming pool was closed for repairs.

There's no denying though that there were some strange goings-on in the hotel. Whilst we got a good night's sleep, my sister in law on the floor below was kept awake by a group of noisy men, dressed only in towels, coming and going out of two rooms on her floor late into the night.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravisPickle
Reviewed May 28, 2010

I first stayed at this hotel 2 years ago (my initial write-up is on this thread)

This time I came in with my wife. We opted for a cheaper room than I had on my previous visit - 2 single beds with shower.

The shower is small and is located on a rather high platform so it’s a bit of an “adventure” but manageable - but the room was on 11th floor with balcony, had a small refrigerator\bar (don’t drink anything out of that – you can get stuff from any grocery store much cheaper and just store it in the refrigerator if so desired) and was clean and everything in working order – I was leaving 10 UAH every morning for the maid…).

We got it for 500 UAH\night which was about $63.00 and paid for breakfast separately (70.00 UAH\pp) when we ate it in hotel (buffet style and plenty of food)

The hotel also provides a small map of downtown area in English so you should be fine with that.

I STILL did not see any prostitutes hangin out in the lobby as was alledged by someone here. There is security at both doors and they are pretty strict as to who goes into a lobby (never mind to a room)

In short - I still recommend this hotel to a "reasonably budget-minded" traveler

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2009

This was the biggest surprise I've ever gotten from a hotel website. ON the internet it looks great, but in person it absolutely sucks. The room was worn and dirty. The bed was really not something a U.S. middle class person would want to sleep on. They charged me about $90 night, and I left the next day after securing another hotel. Stay away, there are plenty of good ones in Odessa. Look closer to the harbor.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MakoMack
Reviewed August 29, 2009

Last year I have made the mistake to book myself a flight for a long weekend in Odessa in Ukraine.
I made an even bigger mistake to book myself in a 4 star hotel, instead of a 5 star one. The price was the main reason for this. I ended up paying around 70euro per night.
The Hotel I stayed in was the Bleak Sea Hotel in Richelyevskaya street. The moment I arrived there ; I already regretted my booking. The reception staff wasnt what you would call friendly and helpfull. (it would get better the next few days). I needed to change some money at the moneycounter (no staff there, so, I needed to wait for over 10 minutes). Then I was given the key to my room. After looking for it for 5 minutes (not really anyone around to tell me which way to go); I have found my junior suite. Propable one of the smallest rooms in a 4 star hotel I have ever stayed in. Must have been not more the 15sqm. The bathroom was clean and there was hot water; but that sums up the only positives about the room. Isolation wasnt good; so I heard all the noise from the street. The bed was uncomfortable. Thank god there was vodka in the mini bar; so, that was the first thing I did ; drinking some vodka.
I didnt want to stay in my room longer then necessary, but since I have to wait for a co-traveller who only arrived a few hours later; I decided to have a look at the city first. After being outside for 5 minutes; I decided to go back to my hotel ; I have had rarely a more unsafe feeling as in this town. People were watching me; looking very unfriendly; I didnt dare to look anyone in the face, being scared to become beaten up.
So, I decided to go to the casino in my hotel; I didnt play anything; just had a drink. For security reason I was checked out, although i was staying in this hotel (I couldnt leave my coat on,....) ; the prices of drink were reasonable, but service was unfriendly and slow.
Finally my friend showed up and we decided to go out to try the local food. I cant remember the name of the restaurant anymore; but this was good. Friendly staff, good food and decent prices. After a bottle of wine; we didnt feel scared anymore and decided to have a drink in one of the local bars. I couldnt complain about that ; the atmosphere was good; the drinks werent too expensive; the girls were pretty.
Around 2 am, we went home, or that was the idea. I didnt got far, because outside the bar I was attacked (up untill today without knowing what the reason was). The guys didnt speak a word of english and my Russian is not existing, but the only thing I could understand was American. They must have thought I was from america (which I am not) and that was a good enough reason for the attack. I lost my money; didnt got any help from anyone (except for some girl who tried the guys to stop). When it was over (completely being beaten up ; blood everywhere,....), I finally managed a taxi to take me to my hotel, where I stayed for the next 2 days.
This trip was an absolute disaster in every way possible.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business