“Great food and service”

Ranked #14 of 1,353 Restaurants in Odessa
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: "MAMAN" is a lady who was born in Odessa, travelled much and knows personally many chefs from different countries. She is fond of cooking and has mixed international and local cuisine in her menu. This food, nicely presented, is loved by local people and many guests from different countries. The location in the historical center of Odessa, in a nice patio near the famous Opera house - is simply wonderfull.
Odessa, Ukraine
“Great food and service”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Maman (mommy) keeps high standard of Odessa home style cuisine in the very heart of the city. All we ordered was excellent, even if I could suggest certain improvements to the "Olivie" salad, but, world is not perfect anyway

• Visited October 2013

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Odessa, Ukraine
“Absolutely Over-rated”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Maman was recommended to me by a friend of the owner. The location is simply one of the most commercial of Odessa, near Opera House. The terrace they made is really a great setting ! I was being told, the owner, was one of the "managers" of Rokka (which is by far the best resto in Odessa) so I had high expectations. The "Rokka-link" was obvious : same glasses, same napkins (paper), the waitresses running around in a dress and little handbag...and many other things... but unfortunately, there stops any "link" to Rokka...one could say it is like a poor copy of the original, for sure what the food concerns. The waitress recommended me the delicious ribeye...so we listened and ordered...for me, like always. "blue-chaud". The "bleu-chaud" appeared to be "saignant", but surely this was NOT a ribeye neither.... The waitres took my plate back to the kitchen and brought me a second try... This time i got some...greyish looking piece of meat...to low quality to even spend many words on it... What you get on your plate is already saying a lot about a resto, but also the way my remark was taken... Pitty... Maman is for just a poor copy of... Not recommended...and surely overrated ! I was there and also in the other resto of the same owner (Barbecao)...mostly the owner sits there...pitty he wasn't last time, so I could suggest him some tips...(even if they are not appreciated)

• Visited September 2013
California
“Great Food and Welcoming Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I came back to Odessa this summer and was introduced to Maman by a friend. We spent half a day typing away on our laptops, eating delicious Ukrainian dishes with a twist of fun names, tasting local Cabernet and giving in to Napoleon desserts at the end. People who work here are friendly and let you choose your own pace. Odessa's Maman is a real treat!

Dublin, Ireland
“Great location! Very good atmosphere! Nice staff”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We went there after checking the tripadvisor app and I have to say we were not disappointed!
First of all, the location was great! We stayed 7 nights in Odessa and 3 out them we chose to dine in Maman. It was always busy, but staff was very good. One time it did happen that the waitress suggested ice for a glass of red wine, which was a bit weird, but at least we had a good laugh. It was a little expensive. Food was great! Especially the steak! Would definitely recommend it!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Appeals to all senses”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were recommended a few places in Odessa but nowhere achieved such high quality and value for money as Maman. We ended up coming here 3 times in 3 days and each time we left happy and satisfied. There is a gorgeous terrace in the back in a stunning courtyard, lively atmosphere, happy kittens and relaxing music. The staff were very friendly so it was enjoyable. We also saw fresh food arriving in the morning which explained the high quality of products. Would recommend to everyone.