“Poor organization !”
Review of Free Tours Odessa

Free Tours Odessa
Ranked #9 of 36 Tours in Odessa
More attraction details
Owner description: Free Tours Odessa is the first and the only free sightseeing city tours. We want everyone to explore Odessa whatever the budget and without any reservation! Join us in our walking tours at 12 and 4 o'clock near the symbol of Odessa - Duke Monument! Our tours are both fun and informative, so we promise you will love Odessa and our walks. No booking just show up and smile=) See the guide with the blue flag!
Montreal, Canada
1,211 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,125 helpful votes
“Poor organization !”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We showed up at the top of the stairs with 4 other people at the time indicated on the web site and we waited for 20 minutes for a guide to appear . It was a No Show both on Friday and Saturday . We had asked the tourist Information Office nearby if they knew about this organization and the answer was that sometimes a guide shows up , but that they were not very reliable .
If this group only offers its services during the summer season , it should indicate it on its website and advise the tourist information office about its schedule ! Not only was it a loss of our time but also we missed the opportunity to visit this beautiful city with another group !

San Diego, California
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“I waited and waited for this tour, all in vain...”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I waited for a long time next to Duke's monument. I checked with several locals and nobody knew about this alleged "free tour". Perhaps they don't offer them in October? I was very disappointed since I wasted a lot of time. Odessa is a beautiful city but be warned, very few people speak English and everything is written in Cyrillic alphabet. I visited several beautiful churches but have no clue as to their names or the history. I found the prices to be very reasonable. Would definitely return to Ukraine.

1 Thank Treesah
Hamilton, Ontario
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“No show -- what happened?”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We were in Odessa on October 12 with our printout about the Odessa free tours. We rushed to get to the Odessa Duke monument at the top of the Potemkin steps, and we waited but no one from "free tours" arrived. We were very disappointed.

1 Thank Roberta R
Poznan, Poland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Vash Gid very cheap sightseeing tour - 60 UAH”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I photograph a lot when I travel.
Photographed the beautiful minibus near the monument to Duke.
In the evening at home accidentally examined by minibus site address.

Turns out this a sightseeing tour of Odessa in 4 languages​​, of the headphones.
Looked at the schedule, 5 voyages.

Funny price - 60 UAH, about 6 EURO.
Very interesting tour. Approximately 1 hour. I listened to the German language.
It is strange that no one knows about it in Odessa.
I was riding in a van.
I recommend. If someone else does not know.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ivan L
New York City, New York
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Fantastic intro to all things Odessa”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great way to get an overview of Odessa in two hours. The tour guide was interesting and helpful. The office also rents nice bikes at a decent rate. I was overall disappointed in Odessa but glad I did this tour which was surely the highlight...

Visited June 2013