“Wonderful Food and Culture tour - best in Odessa”
Review of Odessa Walks

Odessa Walks
Ranked #1 of 6 Food & Drink in Odessa
More attraction details
Owner description: Themed group walks around Odessa's historic city center; private city tours and a day trip to the Akkerman fortress and Shabo winery; Jewish Heritage, Moldavanka & Catacombs tours; original Food Tasting tour and Pubs walk - we offer a great variety of tours to make your stay in Odessa exciting and informative experience.
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I and another couple went with Olga on her food and culture walking tour of Odessa. What a wonderful experience. The tour lasted about 6 hours as we casually strolled around Odessa between stops for Ukrainian/Russian appetizers, lunch and desert. Olga is full of knowledge about the city and has lived and traveled extensively all over the world. Her insights into the people and culture of her adopted city (she grew up in Russia) were wonderful. Odessa is such a beautiful city that the best way to appreciate it is to walk around and take in the sights, sounds, food and people of the city. The food was wonderful (although I admit I am not a huge fan of herring) and Olga provided explanations and background on what we were eating and how it is prepared. Her stories of the myriad of characters that have called Odessa home made the history of the city come alive. By far the best tour we had during our 2 weeks in Turkey and the Black Sea. Her company also does tours in Yalta and Sevastopol - I wish I had known that when we were making our cruise plans. Run don't walk to sign up for her tours. She responded quickly to all my emails, was very easy to work with: an all around professional. I have told my parents who are taking a group to the black sea next year to contact her as soon as they can to be sure they reserve her tours at each of their stops.

1  Thank drnose
in 15 reviews
"ukraine"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We found Odessa walks on Tripadvisor. My contact with Olga was all positive and she responded to my many queries. We were met on time by a lovely guide (name forgotten...oops) who was local and knowledgeable. She was friendly and funny and answered all of our many questions with honesty and insight. We ate very well! Though I think a little of the tour was lost on us as we were an all inclusive Silversea cruise...so we were so very full when we got off from the past nights festivities....we were only snacking. Our fault not theirs :)

I would not hesitate to use Odessa walks again.....And I look forward to a future visit.

Safe travels to all! NYC

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I had arranged a tour of Odessa with Odessa Walks (for 6 of us) prior to our trip. Olga was very prompt in answering my e-mails and made sure that we all liked the itinerary she prepared for us. We had an excellent tour of Odessa with Olga as our guide. We certainly learned a lot about the history and the people of Odessa as Olga is extremely knowledgable. She also has a great sense of humor and was very attentive, noticing if someone was tired and needed a break. Our lunch stop was just perfect as we were able to sample local cuisine. We all felt that this tour was the highlight of our trip and would highly recommend Odessa Walks.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We recently booked 4 days of private tours with Olga at Odessawalks. She was amazing to deal with via e-mail. She responded promptly whenever I e-mailed her questions. She fined-tuned tours in Odessa, Sevastopol, and Yalta so that they would include exactly what we wanted. Unfortunately, our cruise itinerary had to change, due to bad weather. However, Olga was able to still "save" 3 of our 4 private tours. We needed to call her twice from the ship, and she was available to speak both times. I would DEFINITELY recommend this company if you are in Ukraine and want private tours. I would try to get Olga specifically for your tour guide, if possible.

1  Thank anita7832
See more reviews
Reviewed October 13, 2013

WE recently took a tour with Odessa Walks, with Olga, who owns this company, also training all the people who work with/for her. It was the highlight of our cruise. We did the food/walking tour. I doubt that we missed a thing in our leisurely walk, Olga making it all come to life with her knowledge and great sense of humour. Our tea, lunch and afternoon tea stops all most carefully chosen and checked by Olga, i.e. that the water would be safe for us to drink, the bathrooms all first rate. Also Olga has started her own tours in Yalta and Sevastopol, Crimean Walks.
One could only be lucky and far wiser to be able to have Olga as your guide.