“Undiscovered Odessa”
Review of Odessa Walks

Odessa Walks
Ranked #1 of 6 Food & Drink in Odessa
More attraction details
Owner description: Themed group walks around Odessa's historic city center; private city tours and a day trip to the Akkerman fortress and Shabo winery; Jewish Heritage, Moldavanka & Catacombs tours; original Food Tasting tour and Pubs walk - we offer a great variety of tours to make your stay in Odessa exciting and informative experience.
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We did this walk with Julia on 16th Sept 2013, just 3 persons. Firstly I cannot praise Julia enough. A charming, knowledgable guide with excellent spoken English. It was therefore very easy walking, easy listening and definitely mind opening with regard to the history associated with the city, it,s development and sadly some of the decline that has befallen a very beautiful place.
However, there are many highlights you may not associate such as the local market area with it,s colourful fruit and vegetable stalls amongst other day to day products and neccesities. The lovely rebuilt church, the palaces turned into multi apartment units in the days of the Soviet regime. Much to look at, admire and understand.
At all times Julia has the time to answer all and any questions with candid and direct answers even if critical of some aspects of government.
My wife and I had a wonderful 5 hours and would recommend strong consideration of using Odessa Walks.

All reviews
in 23 reviews
"tours"
in 47 reviews

Reviewed September 24, 2013

zimme 3 comments are right on. Olga lead us on a Jewish Heritage tour in Odessa. She helped make the arrangements through our boat to meet us in Odessa. She speaks perfect English having lived in the US, her knowledge was thorough, she accommodated our time frame....the best guide on our whole trip. She is providing tours in other areas and now provides tours in Yalta.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Olga is the tour operator/owner of Odessa Walks. She is informative, accommodating and most importantly lovely. She made our visit so worthwhile. Olga taught us about her city at the same time satisfied all our inquiries. She is charming and candid. A trip to Odessa without Olga would not be the same. Her innovative ideas helped her to pioneer this business and it is now so successful she has tours available in other Black Sea Ports. Olga is very much today's Odessa.

1  Thank zimme3
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I did the Odessa Through the Centuries walking tour on 30 August. It was excellent – Julia (whose other job is as an actress) was a really good guide and so well informed about all aspects of the city’s history and culture. I had guide books but learned so much more from this tour, and would thoroughly recommend to anyone who really wants to learn about the city. After the tour I went to the Tolstoy House, which Julia had showed us and which wasn't in my guidebook. Beautiful- thank you Julia! At $15 for an hour and a half, the tour was good value too. Odessa Walks generally seem like a nice outfit, with a lot of interesting tours aimed at those who want to learn more about this beautiful and fascinating city. I hope to do another tour on a future visit.