“Great dream, very cousy bad! Warmest and hospatble people!”
Review of Frederic Koklen

Frederic Koklen
Ranked #3 of 84 Hotels in Odessa
Kiev, Ukraine
“Great dream, very cousy bad! Warmest and hospatble people!”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

just highly reccomend the hotel in Odessa to stay for silence and relax!
just relax!
good quality for everything
you can ask for any services you want - they will provide you with!
good restaurant!
you can ask to up-grade your room if available for free

Room Tip: different rooms, english, french, stule - get in tuch with stuff - they will answer your quastions
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Oleg L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed here during the three day Trinity Day weekend. I had not been to Odessa before and flew down from Kiev for the weekend. The staff was very welcoming and the room was nice and quiet. The front desk helped with taxis, tours, and even let us check out late on Sunday so we could leave our luggage there and explore. The hotel decor was well done and the attached restaurant (Sophie) is fantastic. For the price, you can't beat this hotel in Odessa.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andrew P
Naples, Florida
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I stayed for 6 nights here. What a great find! The hotel is located in Odessa City Center area in a very quite, nice neighborhood. The location has convenient easy walking access to restaurants, landmarks and shopping. The interior of the hotel is tastefully decorated, charming and clean. I can't say enough good about the hotel staff. All were very pleasant and attentive to my needs or requests. They made me feel as though I was at home. The room was larger than I had expected. The bed and pillows were fresh and comfortable. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I am in the travel industry and stay in many hotels around the world. This one is one of the nicest. I will only stay here on my return trips to Odessa.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

It is sad about the Ukraine. I was in Odessa for two nights in late February, just after the president resigned and before the incidents started in the Crimea. Not having any Ukrainian heritage, I wouldn't go back now, but Odessa, even in February, is lovely, rich in history and filled with architectural gems-some restored, some not so. The Frederic Koklen Boutique Hotel is well located, on a quiet street, but walking distance to most city attractions. The rooms are very comfortable, the Sofie restaurant in the hotel serves delicious food, and the staff did the little things that make a visitor feel special. I could not imagine a better choice in Odessa.

Stayed February 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed at Frederic Koklen about 6 months ago together with two little kids aged 3 and 2 years old. Our stay in Odessa was at the tail end of a 2 months trip through Asia and Europe, where we stayed at more than a dozen top 5-star hotels, mostly Sheratons, Luxury Collection, Westins and Inter-continental. Yet, somehow, this little hotel in Odessa stands out as the most unlikely winner in terms of service. We still fondly tell our friends and family about the exceptional service we received at out hotel in Odessa.

The room was excellent, location convenient, but what we remember the most is the staff who were genuine and incredibly helpful. This was the only hotel on our trip that not only made all the usual arrangements for small kids (crib etc), but also had ittle toys and kids books waiting for them on arrival. Such a nice touch. The room was very nice, the restaurant food was excellent, but what we still remember the most is just how thoughtful and helpful the staff were. Whether scanning some documents, sending a fax, arranging a driver or suggesting toy shops and luna parks everything was taken care of as if we were their long lost relatives. Whoever trains the staff deserves a promotion and this hotel deserves every success possible. It lacks Bristol's flashy historical facade, but it certainly makes up for this in every other way. Definitely a great place to stay in Odessa.

By the way, thank you very much for the toy you gave to our 2-year old on departure. She still loves her "pink creature from Odessa".

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I chose this hotel because it was #1 but after 2 nights moved over to the Bristol. It should be #1! The hotel is just fine...it's small...but I found the lobby and staff a bit disappointing and would not recommend this hotel to a friend.

Room Tip: I paid for a superior room but from looking at the floor plan, don't think it really was any lar...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Michael G
FKoklen, Управляющий at Frederic Koklen, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Michael G,
Thank you for your review. We highly appreciate your comments and we regret that we could not meet your expectations about our hotel.
Please, accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience. Your comfort and relaxation are the most important things for each of us, and particularly for me.
No doubt that we should have been more attentive to make your stay more enjoyable.
We regularly have staff trainings and we have already discussed this situation to avoid any repetitions in future.
We hope you will give us another chance next time and you will be able to evaluate our changes.
Best regards,
Tatiana Zagnitnaya,
General Manager.
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed at the Frederic Koklen this weekend 28-31 March 2014. I booked my stay based on the other traveller reviews, not having been before. My experience was that as soon as I set foot out of the taxi, (not the place to review airport taxi's but let's summise that by saying, 'it's a big NO! from me') (Phone ahead and get hotel to arrange, cost me less than a third of getting back to airport as it did to the hotel and don't be charmed at the airport by Sergey Petrov and the groove in the floor he has worn that he pushes you along that starts one millimetre the other side of the Arrivals door and stops at the nearest cashpoint machine - probably only as far as his umbilical cord will stretch ). But anyway, back to the story... As soon as I set foot out of the taxi in front of the hotel the doorman sprang forward out of nowhere, grabbed my hand luggage and ushered me warmly through the front door. He then retreated in just as quick a manner and I found myself in front of the hotel reception where I was greeted with a warm smile from the hotel receptionist. First impressions do count. And that was how it was throughout my short stay. I wrote to the hotel today to thank them in person, something I have never felt I wanted to do before. But this was also because I felt that the manner in which the hotel staff behaved towards me was in fact the most positive thing I took away with me from my short stay in Odessa. I felt there was a genuine kindness there. I was a long way from home being there, but those few people I met there made me feel that I wasn't so far away. Elizabeth on the front desk even had the patience to try to teach me to count one to five in Russian and made me some herbal tea....hmmmn, maybe I missed something ;-) ! If I go to Odessa again, that will be my choice of a place to stay.

Room Tip: I was just glad to go there every night, any room!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo