I have stayed 2 nights at this "5-star hotel" - it hardly deserves to be a 3-star. Let me describe all pros and cons, but if you want it in some words - avoid it if you can. It is not worth the money you pay.
- Pool. We haven't used it because it was quite crowded. But I can see it as the only reason you can select this hotel for a stay.
- Location. Even if it's near the sea - it's very far from city center. More than that - it's not easy to find as it is not shown on the map. There is no sign on the road, absolutely nothing, and the map at booking site leads you to wrong direction. We spent a while trying to locate it.
- Service. It's a common problem in Ukraine, but I expected much better service from a 5-star hotel. Girls at the reception couldn't find our booking (there are not so many rooms in the hotel they couldn't arrange a single reservation), guys at the hotel parking didn't remember our car and didn't provide any help
- Interior design. This might be my personal opinion, but hotel is absolutely tasteless. They're trying to show you it's expensive, but cheap materials and overall condition is poor.
- Room condition. When we came, it was completely smoked out. When we asked for another room, all they did was to open the window and turned on the fan. We have entered the room at 16-00, so they had enough time to make the room clean. All furniture is used and requires renovation.
- Bathroom condition. I stayed at many hotels around the world, but I have never seen a "noname" bathroom mixer. Usually it's Grohe or Hansgrohe, but it was cheap mixer, very old and dirty. The same thing is about all the stuff in the bathroom. Add terrible smell of mold and you will imagine a 5-star hotel...
- Prices in the mini-bar. They're twice higher than in any expensive bar in Odessa. They don't even offer a bottle of complimentary water
- No view from the balcony (business standard room). And we could not close the door to the balcony - we were happy it was not so cold outside.
Breakfast was just ok, but not worth overall room price. They offer some additional dishes for extra payment (like vegetable mix) - it's absolutely terrible practice for a hotel that charges more than $200 per night.
Maybe 10 years ago, when everything was new and they were working for a name - it was a good hotel. Now you're paying for old furniture in a tasteless builing with poor service. You can stay at many great Odessa hotels at this price - don't repeat my mistake. Stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stella Residence Club is the luxury hotel in the touristic district of famous Odessa. It is located right near the coast of Black sea. Our guests have an opportunity to admire marvelous Odessa dawns and sunsets from the spa-complex windows and their private suits. In the same time they can merge into the atmosphere of ideal comfort and silence of luxury hotel. One more advantage is location. Our guests feel relaxing loneliness of the sea vicinity and can drop to the city centre and amusement centre in some minutes. Does it a real perfection of rest? Stella Residence SPA Hotel is created for relaxation! In our rooms you have everything for comfort in your disposal. There are 15 suits fully equipped with all you need. We have a careful attention to the details to prove our «Lux» level. In your disposal there are flat screen TV, heated floor, free Wi-Fi access, city phone in the room, mini-bar, mini-safe, hair drier, bathrobe, bath cosmetics and towels. Our guests can visit aqua-zone with pool, sauna and Turkish hamam absolutely free of charge. Gym facing the sea and fitness programs are also in there availability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Stella Residence Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.