“Excellent place”

Ranked #7 of 1,452 Restaurants in Odessa
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This place was recommended to me by a friend born and living in Odessa. Nice surreounding, friendly, nice and efficient service. Waiters wearing traditional Ukrainian clothes. Food typical and tasty. Two steps from the Derybasisvka street. A relaxing place which I would recommend
A favourite place.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

During a visit to Odessa I have been invited by my friends to Kumanets to get to know the typical Ukrainian cuisine. I thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Kumanets. The surrounding is very colourful and gives you the impression of being in the countryside and the waiters, who were very nice and helpful, all wear traditional Ukrainian clothes.

The variety of food on our table was amazing - thanks to the very good choice of my Ukrainian friends and the waiter who seemed to be very attentive to their suggestions of what we should have to give an impression of Ukrainian cuisine.

Even though I cannot remember the names of the dishes, I can only say that everything tasted very good and that I can only recommend to everybody to choose Kumanets to get an impression of Ukrainian food, drinks, atmosphere and great hospitality!

And be sure to try the drink "Kompot"!

1  Thank Barbara S
Reviewed May 31, 2013

What to say ? The service is like it should be, the dishes are typical ukrainian and very very tasty, the ambiente is a little bit too much native style, but still very nice. If you want a place, where you get something tasty for your money, visit this restaurant. One of my favourites in odessa. Always a good choice

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The title says the story. I stuffed myself on my first night in Ukraine and it was at no better place. The staff dresses up in some traditional Ukrainian clothes, keeps the beer and the plates coming. There were pretty ladies in there that night, so I'd say it's a great spot for families, but especially couples. I ate some Ukrainian salsa-like stuff, some hoblichi, and bull tongues. Yeah bull tongues... I know right?!?! It actually wasn't that bad! Had coffee before I left. Like I said, it was a cool experience for my first time in Ukraine. The tab was sort'a expensive, but it's probably the best in town! Ideally right up the street from the Odessa Opera, on the corner of Lanzheronskaya & Gavanna.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is an average example of a Ukranian restaurant. Nothing more. The wine is very expensive compared to other restaurants.

Waiter spoke good English, but not very willing to make recommendations.

If you have never eaten Ukranian before, it is a good place to try it.

2  Thank Laurablue6