Hotel Burkhard
$134
TripAdvisor
All reviewsprivate bathroomhot showertvwifiguatemalahostel
Reviewed December 17, 2013

This is a great little place to stay in Antigua and also one of the cheapest. Easy walking distance to everything, nice hot showers, clean rooms and with interesting decor. It's quite simple as you'd expect for 150Q for two people and definitely try to get a room upstairs as the ones downstairs looked very dark but we loved our stay here! The staff are really nice too (although limited English spoken).

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Great for the price, good location, love its style. Not a fancy place but we loved it.

Found our room to be very clean and quiet

Terrace and kitchen were both small but did the job, clean also.

Showers were hot and good also

Would stay there again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed in this hotel during a night out with friends in Antigua. It'd been recommended by others who said it was nice, clean, and a walkable distance from the main plaza.The affordable rates, laundry service, and friendly owners were also major selling points, but when I walked inside, I immediately knew I'd gotten exactly what I'd paid for: bugs, mold, and an uncomfortable night of no sleep.

I wanted to like this place so badly because it is very inexpensive and the friends of friends swore by it, but as we were getting ready, there were roaches actually crawling up from the drains and out of the sink. My friends are much less squeamish than I, so even though I wanted to pack up and leave immediately, we ended up staying the night.

Unfortunately, during the night I noticed a bug (I believe to be a roach) actually crawling across my friend's bed-sheet. I killed it. Needless to say, I got no rest.

If price is your main point, then you'll definitely save a few bucks. However, if you're willing and able to spend a little more for cleanliness, comfort and piece of mind, I would highly suggest doing so! I have never returned to this hotel, though my friends continue to stay here whenever they are in Antigua.

Room Tip: I've heard the top floor rooms are much better and smell less of mold.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Hugo & Jenny, the couple who run this little hotel are lovely, helpful people. Laundry is available. For 150 Quetzales, a king-size bed with a private hot water bath & cable-- you can't go wrong. We stayed last year in September and woudln't stay anywhere else if we went back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lexi_and_Abbey
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Posada Hotel Burkhard for 2 days at the end of May and liked it. Very good location, very good value and the owners helped us a lot with everything! The rooms are clean and nicely decorated. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple